“Friendly staff, good food worth the little extra” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Donati

Donati
Reserve with
Donati is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,091 of 12,045 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good food worth the little extra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

It was our last night and we were quite tired from pounding the streets of Rome for the last 3 days, so we were really pleased to find such a good restaurant near to where we were staying.
We were reassured by the tripadvisor stickers on the door from 2011 and 2012 AND the certificate if excellence on the wall!

The waiters were really friendly and the ambience was busy and welcoming, to make it even better they had the champions league match on (for my husband's benefit more than mine!) It was in no way like a sports bar don't worry!

Lovely food, I had the Penne alla Arribatta with big chunks of garlic, lovely! The mixed salad was the best we had in Rome, it was actually mixed! Grated carrot, fennel, tomatoes, rocket and lettuce, expertly dressed by our waiter. My husband had Spaghetti bolognese which was very good. (They did put the parmesan on before hand, not my favourite thing)

A touch on the pricey side, but it was our last night!

Worth a dine!

Orange City, Florida
“Why the high ratings?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

DONE TO HERE

We went there because it was the only nearby place open on Sunday night, and we were very disappointed. We wanted to go to Ristorante dell’omo di Roma, which was highly rated/recommended, but it was locked up and we thought it was closed, maybe out of business. Service at Donati was fair, but server told us we “had to try stuffed zucchini flowers,” and he brought over a tray. They were lukewarm and only so-so. We assumed they were free---wrong---overpriced at 3 Euros each. The house red wine was probably the worst we had in Rome. The food was, at best average, and the restaurant was very touristy.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bonn, Germany
“not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

good location near the hotel, good quality of pasta but the service is not the best and the "condo" it's to much hight for a standard restaurant

Visited November 2012
Chambly, Canada
“Visit October 7-8 , 2012, lunch and dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

What could I say ......

It was my 4th trip in Rome , and the 28th time to eat in this splendid restaurant ..... .

There are nothing in Rome that can beat the unique pasta Arrabiata , the , venitian veal livre , the scaloppina al limon ,there fresh fish and the Brunello , and the sauvignon ......

What else could we say about the frindly Mimo , .... Ask him anything on the food , it will find the bet for you ... His collegue , Antonio , with his smile will both serve you as a food critic ....

This is simply the best restaurant in Rome ... With the owner Yvanna & Antony , a real family for the customer

I eat a fresh Turbot , prefectly grill , it was splendid ,,, ask for the fisk , they receive them every day ....

Thank you so much , I am anxious to return in 2013 ....

• Visited October 2012
Chambly, Canada
“I was at the Domati , for 12 lunch and dinner last September , and you know what .... ,,, and”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I am going in Italy with a 4 days stop in Roma to go to this MARVELLOUS RESTAURANT !!!!!!!!

There are no place in theworld for the Arrabiata Penne , When I was there ,last September ( 2011 ) , I ate there every day , to eat their pasta . More , the fresh fish they serve you every day are amazing , I am very excited to be there in October 7-10 to meet Mimo and the staff ....

Ask for the Barollo , and the limoncello at the end of your meals ....

Beleive me , this is in my top 10 in Roma ....

• Visited October 2011