“Mediocre experience ”

Sun, 9/15
8:00 PM
Ranked #122 of 14,842 Restaurants in Rome
Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

Based upon the glowing reviews here, we came to the Vinosanto near Vatican. Unfortunately, we were rather disappointed.
The air conditioning seemed to be connected to the frier, so instead of nicely chilled, we were sitting in a continuous fat smell. At least the flies seemed to like it, they were numerous.
Service was friendly, but could only scarcely compensate for the kitchen:
Some dishes were not available (from a rather small menue), many others came in a -let's say- modified fashion: beef with rocket was without rocket and the Caesar Salad neither had the right salad nor any dressing resembling Caesar dressing. Pasta was OK, but nothing out of the ordinary either.
All in all it was not a complete desaster but given the expectations raised by the reviews here, it was our most disappointing dinner in Rome.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (267)

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

I stopped by around 2:30pm, near the break time to have a just glass of house wine to take the edge off the midday heat. Strangely enough, they turned me away, saying that I can get a table only if I'm eating lunch. Come on, it was almost the break time, and there were awful lot of many empty tables.

Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

We made a reservation at 9:30 and it was a sweat welcome with wonderful service by Pietro. He was so charismatic and sweet, the food was amazing. We absolutely loved the formaggi and salumi board. My boyfriend and I have spent the last two weeks traveling all of Italy and haven't found a great salad.. but the ceasar salad here really did it! Thank you again for the great food and wonderful service ! Grazie!

1  Thank 751cydneyb
Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

Went in for lunch with the family after a visit to the Vatican. Cosy environment and the staff was very friendly. The food was delicious. Also tried the tiramisu (it was very nice). After lunch they also offered us a limoncello liqueur. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

Very good and delicious food, nice personnel. Enjoyed my time here, would definitely come back when I will be in Rome

Date of visit: June 2019