“Jewel of Rome!”

Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux
Ranked #29 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wow. My wife and I stayed here for the first leg of our Italian honeymoon. What an amazing hotel! Our stay started out by being greeted by Bruno, the property manager, and he informed us that our room had been upgraded to the suite for our special occasion! The staff continued to go above and beyond their call of duty to help us out and to make us feel like royalty during our stay. It goes without saying that the location of the hotel is great for the Colosseum and the ancient Roman ruins. It's also a short cab ride to just about anything in Rome. The view from our room was absolutely amazing!!! It was a great view in the morning and even more stunning in the evening with the Colosseum lit up. It really is a neat place to stay and we loved our time in Rome!

Room Tip: Splurge for a room with a view of the Colosseum!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderfull comment regarding your recent visit at Palazzo Manfredi-Relais & Chateaux.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the Hotel service and that we were able to meet your needs.

It is give me a great pleasure to be able to pass along your positive comments and the importance of your satisfaction.

On behalf of everyone at Palazzo Manfredi Hotel, thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palazzo Manfredi Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights and it was simply amazing! The exceptional location (few steps from the colosseum), the exceptional hospitality (as I was celebrating with my husband our 10 year anniversary, our room got upgraded to the suite, not to mention the complimentary sparkling wine and fruit platter for the occasion), the warm staff... Really quite an experience to stay in the hotel and We are my husband and I a relais et chateaux regulars but this one simply exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: Book early so you get a room; if not at least book a dinner at their lovely restaurant with great vi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

What amazing words of compliments you have written, please accept my most sincere thanks on behalf of all my staff. I am so very proud that we have been able to assist in creating this lasting memory on such an important occasion.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again to Eternal city.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I chose the Palazzo Manfredi based largely on the review on Trip Advisor. Admittedly, I was a bit nervous that few if any of the other sites, magazines, etc. that I went to check hotels mentioned nothing of it. Wasn't on one "best of" list - which I found odd. Nevertheless I took a chance, and I'm glad I did. It's a small hotel, which is high on luxury, and in a great location. We had a suite - our teenage son stayed on the fold out couch which was very comfortable; my wife and I in the main master bedroom. Worked out great. The view of the Colosseum out our window was spectacular. The people were really nice and helpful; going out of their way to make our stay memorable. The room had all sorts of nice touches - from fresh macaroons replenished every day, to an ultra modern bathroom and interesting fixtures. I found that the decor may have been a bit overdone and more interesting than practical. If I were alone with my wife on a special occasion it would've been perfect; with a teenage son, a bit less so. Only other minor complaint: the bed is very very firm. Not sure if this is 'normal' for hotels in Italy. All in all, the Palazzo Manfredi is pricey ... but it's also classy, friendly, and one of a kind.

Room Tip: I think the higher rooms may be a bit quieter than the one we had which was on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank rurimaja
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Palazzo Manfredi-Relais & Chateaux during your recent visit to the Eternal city.

We are so glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, our stay at the Palazzo Manfredi could not have been better. The location, level of service and staff was incredible. They were more than happy to arrange our private tours of the Colosseum, Forum and Vatican City, and they even hired a driver for us to drive us to Positano following our stay in Rome. Our room was on the ground floor with a Colosseum view; spectacular in every way, and exceptionally clean. If you want 5-star treatment in a 5-star hotel, the Palazzo Manfredi should be your first choice when visiting Rome.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Derek E
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a beautiful small boutique hotel in a great part of the city with amazing views of the Colosseum. My fiancé and I stayed in the Deluxe Room and had direct views of the Colosseum which we enjoyed. The breakfast buffet on the hotel's rooftop has beautiful views and is a great way to start the day. There is a great selection of cereals, breads, muffins, eggs, juices, etc. We also had a wonderful experience at the hotel's restaurant which is on the same rooftop in the evenings. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff really went out of their way to accommodate their guests.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for four days for our tenth wedding anniversary and it was wonderful. We paid extra for a room overlooking the colosseum and were not disappointed. Having been to Rome several times I am fairly picky but this lived up to and exceeded expectations. Try the tasting menu in the rooftop restaurant with truffles added in different ways to every course - fantastic - but expensive!! (worth it as a treat).
I would definitely go back in the future.
The owner also has a Ferrari which you can hire for the day - what fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a colosseum view - well worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Aside from the stunning location across the road from the Colosseum, this hotel is a joy. The rooms are well decorated and very comfortable, though there's nothing quite like seeing the Colosseum from your bedroom window!
It's perfectly located for walking, as we did, to the Forum, the Capitoline, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps.
My wife is lactose and gluten intolerant and they accommodated her for breakfast and dinner withour fuss and really nicely. The view from the restaurant is stunning, the food lovely, and the staff really caring and efficient.
In fact the whole staff, front desk, management, everyone whenever we encountered them were helpful and polite. Our visit went really smoothly. Jacamo was brilliant in allowing us a room for late checkout even when our room had to be cleared for new guests.
We had a sneak preview of the redecoration in one of the rooms and they look great - the bathroom in particular was fantastic - we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The higher your room the less the traffic noise, but it'snot really a problem
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013