“Good food in an authentic atmosphere”
Review of King dei Molisani - CLOSED

King dei Molisani
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went here with an Italian friend and was not disappointed. The food was wholesome Italian fare - pasta etc - nothing "haute cuisine" but tasty and well prepared, for a reasonable price. The service from the lone waiter got a little slow towards the end as the place filled up, but overall it was fine. Would definitely return.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This traditional, homely restaurant was one of the few near to our hotel and it was a great find. The other diners seemed to be local but we were made to feel very welcome. The food was fresh, well-cooked and more to the point tasted really good. In our 4 night trip tp Rome, we didn't have a bad meal, but we enjoyed this the most.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had lived upstairs from this resturant during my studies abroad and remembered how amazing the food was. During our honeymoon I drug my husband to the restaurant as a comfort spot and we easily ranked this as one of our top 3 restaurants during our stay. The staff was friendly and the food was delicious!!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

When it comes to food, I love a great adventure. So it is rare to stumble upon a place that impresses me so much that I go back the next day. I had the dinner special both nights and was just as pleased the second night as I was the first. Also, not only was the service great, but this is a business with Integrity. On the second night we returned for dinner, the owner remembered us and apologetically told us that there was a slight error on the check from our prior meal the night before (less than a few euros), which he returned and more than made up for in his sincerity. When we go back to Rome, this restaurant will be on our list.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed in Rome for a week and this is one of my favorite restaurants. It is reasonably priced and the staff was wonderful. And I loved the art and caricature drawings on the walls!!

They gave us a basket of fresh warm flatbreads ( similar to Indian naan ), it was sprinkled with a bit of cheese and it was really tasty. For our 1st course My husband ordered the risotto and I got pasta carbonara. They give you big portions here so you get your money's worth. =)

For our 2nd course my husband got lamb with roasted rosemary potatoes, I didn't know what to get, so the server suggested a dish for me ( unfortunately I forgot the name, it was slow cooked lamb with green peas ).

The funny part about my dish was that I was well aware of eating the marrow part of the lamb bone, but I chose not to. The server reiterated it to me as he was about to take the plates away. I hope I didn't offend him by refusing: I was just really full and I enjoyed everything very much. If I could go back in time I would eat everything =)

This place is a gem and I highly recommend it!