“Watch out”
Review of Ristorante Alessio

Ristorante Alessio
Ranked #349 of 12,864 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Description: In the centre of the ancient “Rione Castro Pretorio” near termini station, close to some of important commercial street (via Nazionale, via Cavour) and Historical-cultural place (Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Roman National Museum, Terme di Diocleziano, Opera’s Theatre, exc..) on downtown of Rome, Alessio Restaurant was born at the begin of the last century.. Respect for tradition, the love for tasty cousine and friendly staff, allowed to conserve flavors and atmosfere of the typical “Hostaria Romana”. Alessio Restaurant has three rooms, which is accessed by a few stars, characteristic of the locals in down town seating a total of 80 people, which are reached by a wooden staircase, characteristic of the locals in downtown at the begin of 900; wood, mables iron are the essential elements of a local with classic atmosphere and at the same time warm and welcoming Air conditioning in all rooms, in the good season restaurant has a characteristic and pleasant outside garden.
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Although they have quite good dishes. They try to serve a minor quality to tourists.
Service is moderate and aiming for a quick departure.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,294)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

For those people who want friendly atmosphere and very good food, I would highly recommend Ristorante Alessio.

My wife and I visited the restaurant one night after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and also the restaurant's website. The staff were very welcoming - very attentive, yet not overdoing it. When my wife and I had a conversation going, the staff left us alone. When we were eating, the staff made us smile with some jokes in my language (Japanese). All the staffs had smiles on their faces which made us very comfortable.

We went around 19:00 and I think we were early than the locals. By the time we left, the place was quite full with the locals and tourist ratio was about 50/50.

We ordered few starters, pastas, and deserts which were all very good. I like to especially mention the grilled vegetables and selection of ham and cheese were excellent. The pastas were good, maybe a little oily, but still much better than the ones we eat in Brussels where we live. My wife especially liked the Tiramisu, which she said was the best she tasted so far in her life.

Overall, both my wife and I enjoyed Risotante Alessio and we would definitely go back to enjoy their service and food if we have a chance to go to Rome again!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This restaurant was fifty metres from our hotel. The food is fantastic, we ate here on our second evening in Rome and again on our third and final evening as well because it is so good. The staff are all knowledgeable and speak good English, suggesting dishes if you ask.

It's also good value. Be aware there are two entrances, one leads down to the restaurant and another about thirty metres away leads down to the outside eating area. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We Went here tonight for dinner as it was around the corner from my hotel.

I had fillet steak with peppercorns, wife had veal saltimbocca and we shared a salad and some potatoes. Daughter had a Margherita pizza which she wolfed down.

With a beer and wine it came to 63euro and it was really delicious and service was good.

Unfortunately our kid fell asleep at dinner due to getting up at 5:30 for a Vatican tour so we had to eat fast and leave which was a real shame as this was a good place - recommended.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had a very good meal my last day in Rome at Ristorante Alessio. My waiter Federico was very friendly and helpful, suggesting menu choices based on my tastes and preferences. The wine he brought was exactly what I liked in a wine and the prices for everything were very reasonable. The food arrived quickly and was delicious. Definately a place to visit...