“Wonderful Food and service”
Review of Ristorante Alessio

Ristorante Alessio
Ranked #324 of 12,676 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Description: In the centre of the ancient “Rione Castro Pretorio” near termini station, close to some of important commercial street (via Nazionale, via Cavour) and Historical-cultural place (Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Roman National Museum, Terme di Diocleziano, Opera’s Theatre, exc..) on downtown of Rome, Alessio Restaurant was born at the begin of the last century.. Respect for tradition, the love for tasty cousine and friendly staff, allowed to conserve flavors and atmosfere of the typical “Hostaria Romana”. Alessio Restaurant has three rooms, which is accessed by a few stars, characteristic of the locals in down town seating a total of 80 people, which are reached by a wooden staircase, characteristic of the locals in downtown at the begin of 900; wood, mables iron are the essential elements of a local with classic atmosphere and at the same time warm and welcoming Air conditioning in all rooms, in the good season restaurant has a characteristic and pleasant outside garden.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Hard to find the door, but well worth the search! Great food and atmosphere. Our waiter spent extra time entertaining us while helping with our Italian. Really fun and excellent food.

1  Thank flyingchanges33

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This restaurant was made up of three different rooms, all very quaint. Our waiter was very pleasant & welcoming. Our meals were delicious. I chose the veal with a marsala sauce & my husband had ravioli, we enjoyed them very much. The atmosphere was excellent and by the end of the evening we were chatting to people sat at other tables. A free glass of limoncello at the end of our meal rounded off an extremely good evening.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had a couple of hours to lunch in Rome between trains at Termini station and wandered a bit searching for a good restaurant. Most were either too crowded or looked too commercial. Alessio wasn't either.

I chose a pretty much classic roman menu (cicoria, amatriciana, rucola etc.) and it was all perfectly cooked and generous. The amatriciana was about the best I ever had, to my surprise as the restaurant looked modern and I expected some reinterpretation of it. Glad there wasn't any of this classic dish.
There's a good selection of wines too. House wine is fine though. Considering the area, it was not too pricey either, 59€ for 2 people, 1 entry, 2 pasta, 2 meat dishes, wine and water. Service was warm and prompt. Absolutely worth a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I was walking around to find a restaurant for dinner, we notice this quaint downstairs restaurant. The service was excellent, I wanted to order the rib steak with potatoes, the waiter suggest another smaller steak because he knew I was not going to finish the steak. Glad I did, I ordered the pepper steak. It was excellent and still couldn't finished the meal.

1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I found the stairway down to the garden by accident and loved the atmosphere. The first course pasta was excellent for both of us. Beef carpaccio was a poor choice for my husband, he didn't realize it was raw.. Our waiter was abrupt never asked how our meal was. Other waiters seemed much more personable. Our mistake, but we still enjoyed the evening. Plus my husband was full from the lasagna. Also, the complimentary lemon cello from the manager was a nice touch at the end.

Been to Ristorante Alessio? Share your experiences!