“Surprisingly good” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Alessio

Ristorante Alessio
Ranked #273 of 12,046 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Naples, Italy
“Surprisingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had a couple of hours to lunch in Rome between trains at Termini station and wandered a bit searching for a good restaurant. Most were either too crowded or looked too commercial. Alessio wasn't either.

I chose a pretty much classic roman menu (cicoria, amatriciana, rucola etc.) and it was all perfectly cooked and generous. The amatriciana was about the best I ever had, to my surprise as the restaurant looked modern and I expected some reinterpretation of it. Glad there wasn't any of this classic dish.
There's a good selection of wines too. House wine is fine though. Considering the area, it was not too pricey either, 59€ for 2 people, 1 entry, 2 pasta, 2 meat dishes, wine and water. Service was warm and prompt. Absolutely worth a visit if you are in the area.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I was walking around to find a restaurant for dinner, we notice this quaint downstairs restaurant. The service was excellent, I wanted to order the rib steak with potatoes, the waiter suggest another smaller steak because he knew I was not going to finish the steak. Glad I did, I ordered the pepper steak. It was excellent and still couldn't finished the meal.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nancy C
florida
“Great pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I found the stairway down to the garden by accident and loved the atmosphere. The first course pasta was excellent for both of us. Beef carpaccio was a poor choice for my husband, he didn't realize it was raw.. Our waiter was abrupt never asked how our meal was. Other waiters seemed much more personable. Our mistake, but we still enjoyed the evening. Plus my husband was full from the lasagna. Also, the complimentary lemon cello from the manager was a nice touch at the end.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Forget the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Service is a joke. Waiters runing around breathlessly but leave you to yourself to eat the crackers after taking your order. They won't leave a menu either because it takes up too much space on the table. So they say with a straight face.
The food? Over very quickly after the third waiter and mercifully very forgetable.

Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!! Service o.k...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

At our first night in rome we went there. The food & the service was very good. At our last night in rome we decide to go back, we enjoyed the food again but the service that time was very poor...
Fair value for money. Very good food. Service- ask maurissio to serve you!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles