“Best way to see the cities in a day”

Driver Guide Service
Ranked #9 of 763 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: WELCOME TO ITALY !Customized Tours shows you The Eternal City Of Rome like no one else. Our tours highlight the very best of Italy , We Cotumaze Tours Show you the Enternal City of Rome , Vatican museum , Florence , Naples , Amalfi Coast & Golf Cart Tours in Rome . Delicious wine tastings at select boutique wineries, factory tours and much more. With 20-plus years in the business, we know just which world class spots to show you for maximum enjoyment. Our enthusiastic guides are local experts who will delight you with their wit and knowledge. And no matter which of our affordable tours you choose, you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions, explore and even do a little shopping.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
New Hartford, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best way to see the cities in a day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had such a good time and we were quite pleased to have chosen DGS for our shore excursions in Rome and Naples. We were a family of 6 adults and this was definitely the best way to see the cities in the limited time we had. We had done some ports with the cruise line but we feel that we saw more and got more information on the DGS tours. Another advantage of using DGS over the cruise line is the size of the vehicles allows them to get closer to the sights so you eliminate a lot of wasted time parking and walking from where a bus can park.
In Rome our guide was Luca and he was extremely friendly and informative. He even arranged for a great Lunch in Rome that fit into our touring schedule. Delicious pasta and side dishes! It was a little expensive but well worth the experience! We also had a terrific tour of the Vatican with Laura, Her knowledge and enthusiasm for the Vatican was contagious! We only wish we had more time to spend seeing the lovely sights of Rome and the Vatican.
In Naples our guide was Ivo and again he was informative and friendly. We made frequent stops to see the sights along the way and were able to get many photos. He also arranged for us to have a great pizza lunch in Sorrento. We had a private guide in Pompeii that gave us a great overview of the ancient city in our limited time.
We all were very pleased with DGS and all of our guides and highly recommend them over the cruise line tours. This is especially true if you are a group because the price difference will be minimal and may even be less through DGS. You can tell the tour guides truly love what they do and it makes your touring experience better. We will definitely use them again and recommend them to friends,

Visited November 2013

Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This review is way overdue, but I owe it to future travelers who rely on TA. In making my decision to use DGS for our day in Rome I read countless reviews and stressed about making the most of our day (cruise stop). We traveled last August and great story short - DGS was awesome. Now is the time of year when a lot of us Westerners plan our European vacations, so here it is.
We were a small group - me, wife and 10yr old son, so I had some strong reservations about cost (same price for 1 or 7 people), but in the end, I have absolutely no regrets. Fantastic personalized service with the ability to see everything we wanted....and more, makes DGS a great choice. The ultimate reason for choosing DGS is value, and that's what you get. Rome is a busy place, but with DGS, we seemed to be ahead of the pack at every step. Having a private car take you right to the front door of every attraction, skip the line passes, a/c, water and wifi when you get out, the quality of information from our driver and guide about each monument/place is priceless.
I've over simplified the details of why DGS is absolutely fantastic, but I can assure you, you will not have regrets choosing this company. Most tour companies are only as good as their representatives. I believe DGS only hires the best drivers/guides and you will not be disappointed by booking with them. I'm not sure how many times you plan to visit Rome, but we wanted to make the most out of our short stay, DGS did that for us.
P.S. After booking but before taking the Rome tour, I double downed and booked a Naples (Pompei, Sorrento and Positano) tour. I committed to two higher cost excursions strictly based on TA reviews, and was ecstatic that I did. DGS costs are in line with other private tour companies, I'm referring to the higher cost per person (family of three) and yet I still feel I got amazing value. More on that excursion in another review, hint - fantastic as well

1 Thank Whylivewithsnow
Los Angeles, California
“What an Amazing Experience My Family Had with DGS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I live in Los Angeles and my mother, father and sister were visiting Rome for my mothers 60th birthday, so I wanted to surprise them with a luxury tour of Rome. I contacted DGS from LA and they were super friendly and efficient with communicating, I was able to talk to Ivano even when he was not in the office, due to the time difference. My family were driven around Rome in luxury car with air conditioner, free water and snacks. It was my parents first time in Rome, so Ivan took them to all the must see places and recommended nice lunch place as well. I am looking forward visiting Rome, so I can try DGS for myself. THANK YOU IVANO & ROBERTA FOR A MEMORABLE 60TH BIRTHDAY AND MAKING IT SPECIAL, SINCE I COULD NOT BE THERE WITH MY WONDERFUL MOM!

Pasadena, California
“Best Day in Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had such a great time on our FULL day tour of Rome. Not only did we see every sight we set out to see but we learned so much!
We had a great time with our guide Claudio. Claudio had perfect english. He was knowledgeable, fun and had a great sense of humor. Not only that but he also took a zillion pictures of us, which was great because we were both in all our photos! Between the sights he took us to all the best places for food and espresso. In the espresso shop I bought gifts for friends and family at home and they all loved the espresso and asked where they could order more. Another great thing is if you are picking up souvenirs along the way you can just put them in the car and don't have to lug them around all day.

This was truly a magical day for us . The beauty of the sights, the history, the ease and flow of the day and Claudio made it by far our best day in Rome.

Visited November 2013
Fla
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

This was my 3rd time using DGS Rome as always, it was a very nice tour, enjoyed it very much. The driver picked us up at the hotel and took us on an all day tour. He was very informative and pleasant. It would be hard for me to use any other tour company. Real professionals.

1 Thank suz4Fla

Been to Driver Guide Service? Share your experiences!