“Vatican tour and next day city tour with DGS”

Driver Guide Service
Ranked #9 of 836 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WELCOME TO ITALY !Customized Tours shows you The Eternal City Of Rome like no one else. Our tours highlight the very best of Italy , We Cotumaze Tours Show you the Enternal City of Rome , Vatican museum , Naples , Amalfi Coast & Golf Cart Tours in Rome . Delicious wine tastings at select boutique wineries, factory tours and much more. With 20-plus years in the business, we know just which world class spots to show you for maximum enjoyment. Our enthusiastic guides are local experts who will delight you with their wit and knowledge. And no matter which of our affordable tours you choose, you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions, explore and even do a little shopping.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We booked 2 days tour with DGS. First day Luca picked us up at the hotel promptly on time specified. He was knowledgeable, spoke fluent English, and truly cared that we had a fabulos tour. We were to take a taxi back to the hotel, but he offered to drive us in his personal vehicle with no extra charge. On our second day tour, a wonderful driver, Fabio took us to all the main attractions. He showed us an amazing day. He was a gentleman and was proud of his home and we could see in his inflection of the manner in which he cared. There were 3 couples,and we all agreed that we had a wonderful day. I would recommend DGS to anyone wanting to visit Rome.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,678)
All reviews
"mercedes van"
in 40 reviews
"discover rome"
in 23 reviews
"highly recommend this service"
in 22 reviews
"mediterranean cruise"
in 39 reviews
"major sites"
in 31 reviews
"trevi fountain"
in 88 reviews

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked Rome night Tour with DGS Driver Services. Our driver and guide was Pietro.

Friendly and talented Pietro was well prepared and organised for the tour. Pietro explained details of old and modern Rome and his English is very good. Providing all the information including dates about Rome made me understand Pietro’s passion towards his job and country.

I would highly recommend this tour and DGS Services to anyone. Waiting for us at the lobby of our hotel and dropping us off made everything easier and pleasant. It was a great way to explore Rome at Starry Skies.
Thank you Pietro and DGS Driver Service.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went to Rome on a business trip a few weeks ago and friend of mine recommended me Rome Transfers' services. I had a quick online research and found their website (www.rometransfers.co.uk), which I found trusting and welcoming, so I emailed them. They got back to me pretty soon, so we discussed my needs via email.
On arrival at Fiumicino Airport, a Rome Transfers smartly dressed gentleman welcomed me. He carried my bag to the car , which I found promising. On the way to my first destination I noticed that the driver took me on a very quick and traffic-free road; it took only 40min instead of 1hr as suggested by Google Maps. I was pleased with this because it gave me time for a quick Italian coffee before my meeting.
I asked the chauffeur to wait for me and asked him to take me to some other places I had to go to. It was a pleasant journey each time, so I asked to hire his services for the whole 4 days I stayed in Rome. It was the easiest business trip ever, I actually enjoyed it a lot!
Would definitely recommend their services and I will surely contact them again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just got back from Rome with my wife and elderly parents. We arranged two tours with DGS - a general car-based tour of the City, and a tour of the Vatican. These were both exceptional, with due (but delicate) consideration for my parents (the company suggested two morning tours as opposed to one whole day adventure as it would be easier for them). The Mercedes vehicles were smart and ideal for the trips. Both of our guides (well, more like friends by the end) were incredibly knowledgeable, great fun and really brought the city alive. These tours were without doubt the highlights of the trip. We didn't seem to have to queue once (I have no idea how they arranged this!) and there always seemed to be a parking place right outside each attraction. Could not really have been better. Strongly recommended.

3  Thank RoadsterMan
See more reviews
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked an early morning Vatican tour with DGS for a group of work colleagues while in Rome on business. Our driver met us on time in our hotel lobby and delivered us to our guide, Lorenzo, at the entrance of the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel entrance. Lorenzo started our tour with excellent background on the Sistine Chapel and escorted us in when the chapel opened. What a great experience being in the chapel before the crowds arrived and Lorenzo's extensive knowledge of art history enhanced the experience immeasurably. My work friends were blown away by the quality of the tour. The rest of the morning was spent touring the Vatican Museum galleries and St. Peter's Basilica. Again, Lorenzo was incredibly knowledgeable and drew our attention to many of the treasures that we might not have appreciated fully without his guidance. He took time to answer all of the questions posed by our group. Following the tour, we headed over to Campo di Fiore at Lorenzo's recommendation and had an excellent lunch. More than one of our group said that when they return to Rome, they would contact DGS for additional tours and I fully agree-- DGS is the best!