“One of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osteria Barberini

Osteria Barberini
Ranked #93 of 12,046 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: family restaurant to the centre of rome/typicals roman dichesall day meat and fich frech/pizza also to lunch/all cards
Leeds, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The restaurant was small and friendly, the staff were lovely and very attentive. The owner was there which is always good. He was very attentive and spoke to every customer. I chose the Black Truffle Brushetta to start with, which was only 6 Euros and was delicious. For mains I had Sea Bass with Cherry Tomatoes and Linguine. It was truly wonderful. The service was amazing, we didn't feel rushed, but could have done with a longer break between starter and main course. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. it was very very good value. 2 starters 2 main courses and a bottle of wine came to 65 Euros.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Torrance, California
“Roman Gastronomy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

You must book a meal here before leaving Rome. The owner/manager is an absolute charmer (and also provided marvelous wine suggestions), the service was great, and the food was fantastic! We had the buffalo mozarella, saltimbocca, cacio e pepe (special with porcini mushrooms), fetuccine alfredo, and tiramisu. At the end of the meal, they serve each of you a glass of limoncello. All in all a fabulous last evening in Rome and will definitely return here!

Visited June 2013
“Black truffle lasagna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We made reservations based on previous reviews. We were greeted by the owner and taken to our table downstairs. This restaurant is not very big, so you should make reservations. Our waiter was wonderful! I had the black truffle lasagna which was the best lasagna that I have ever eaten. The prices were very reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Dublin, Ireland
“Good not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Made a dinner reservation in this nice restaurant. We were greeted by the owner who is very friendly and promptly seated downstairs. We shared the buffalo mozzarella. It was the best i've ever had and very fresh. It is served with rocket, cherry tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic. For mains we had gilthead fillet with truffles. I wasn't wowed although my husband loved it. I felt something was lacking. We also ordered a side of roast potatoes which were very salty and grilled vegetables which were too oily for my liking. These are just personal preferences as I dislike salt on my food and anything with extra oil/fat. For dessert I had the tiramisu and my husband had the chocolate torte. I tried his torte, it was nice but not the best. My tiramisu was delicious and very light. We also had coffees and were served complimentary non-alcoholic apperitifs as we don't drink alcohol which was a nice touch. I must say the service is excellent and our waitress was very friendly. We also got a small discount on the bill. Overall a nice place, I would return to try something else but this was my least favorite meal in Rome.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The place to eat the truffle lasagna.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

M-m-m, the lasagna. The excellent mark goes to the truffle lasagna - it was just perfect. Thank you!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Osteria Barberini? Share your experiences!