“Best Pasta Ever”
Review of Osteria Barberini

Osteria Barberini
Ranked #106 of 12,775 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Description: Lovely little place Chef Gabriel and Father Angelo. It located near one of the most beautiful squares of Rome, Piazza Barberini. And 'it considered one of the finest creative culinary reality of capital. Gabriele The chef creates delicious dishes with truffle specialties ... not to mention the aromas and the flavors of traditional dishes, all served with a warm and friendly welcome
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was hands down the best pasta I have ever had. We arrived early fr dinner to find the place still locked. Then the owner drove up with groceries for dinner! He hand picks everything, including the wine and truffles. Do yourself a favor and order the start of the black truffle ravioli. It will not disappoint.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Having seen other reviews we sought out this restaurant for lunch and immediately booked for dinner the following evening. The food was wonderful especially the Ravioli with truffles, staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Good value for money and will be back.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were delighted by this spot. Spectacular red chicory and pear salad - I mean really spectacular. Truffle lasange was good - and probably only not great because it wasn't really what I wanted that night but I got nudged into having it by the server because it was a special. Tiramisu - delicious. Really lovely experience. Would recommend.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is my most favorite restaurant of ALL time. I love the food, the atmosphere and the waitresses and owner are all really nice.

They have GREAT risottos and great pastas! The best I've ever had! As someone that is not a fan of truffle, I didn't like the idea of having it on my food. However, the truffle was just nice. It was not too overwhelming and not too bland. The soups are ok but not that worth it in a place like this.

When I went there, the owner was super nice, and so was the waitress. I remember our waitresses name being Maria. She was UBER nice and hilarious.

If you ever get the chance, try and request her to be your waitress. She is really funny. She once told me: "if you ever want to buy truffles, be careful. sometimes they are not genuine. they look like truffle, smell like truffle but taste like potato!"

The owner is also really nice. We went there twice (because of how good it was), two days in a row. Both days, he gave us something free. The first day, he gave us free mozarella cheeses which were REALLY goodm and the second day, he gave my brother (who LOVED pasta) a free plate of pasta.

The waitresses (including Maria) and the owner were all very attentive to their customers too!

If I had a choice and came back to Rome, I would for sure make this one of the restaurants on my travel checklist!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Had dinner first night in Rome, it was pouring, we were tired and hungry, did not have reservations, but the owner tried to accomodate and gave us a table at 8 o'clock had another reservation at 9. we had contiuous conversation with him, excellent menu and wine recommedations. Had truffle crostini which was amazing, homemade pasta and lasagna with white and black truffles all the dishes were unforgettable. While there weve seen many people turn away so will recommend reservations.