“Highly recommendable authentic Roman meal - first class waiter”

Ristorante Paris in Trastevere
Reserve with
Ristorante Paris in Trastevere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,258 of 12,362 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Viborg, Denmark
“Highly recommendable authentic Roman meal - first class waiter”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

By recommendations from a Danish writer Thomas Harder we went for lunch at Paris in Trastevere. The atmosphere was relaxed in a kind of oldfashioned way. Our waiter was a polite gentleman speaking a beautiful Italian... describing all the specials of the day, so that everything sounded worth having.
All of our choises turned out excellent from the Gran Fritto Vegetale to the soups and pastas. I can't imagine this restaurant making other than excellent food.
Mille Grazie!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I wouldn't say Paris is your typical tourist restaurant despite it's good location. On the quiet Sunday evening my boyfriend and I went in I think we were the only non-Italians and due to my terrible language skills we muddled through ordering and were very impressed by the food. Like other reviewers I can highly recommend their specialty, the fried vegetables. I believe ours were pumpkin flowers, stuffed with Mozzarella, we shared a plateful as a starter before both ordering steak. My large fillet steak in green pepper sauce was deliciously tender and the fried potatoes that came with my boyfriends steak were moreish! Oh and we squeezed a pasta dish in each before the secondi course. Desserts are ok, but go big on savory would be my advice. Service was excellent and patient!

Denmark
“Best restaurant in Trastevere”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The restaurant is located close to Santa Maria in Trastevere and it has a nice terrazza. The weather was chilly so we decided to be indoor in the cosy oldfashioned surroundings. We tasted the different "fritte" and had pasta too. Fine wine. Perfect service. We will be back next time in Rome.

Cork
“Paris in Trasevere”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We visited this restaurant in early February, based on a recommendation from our hotel. We weren't disappointed. Good food and atmosphere and attentive staff. Great location. Looking forward to next trip.

• Visited February 2014
Rome, Italy
“Cozy restaurant that's been a favorite for years”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a very traditional little place that's been a favorite for years. It's my go-to place in artichoke season - they make superb fried artichokes, crispy like potato chips on the outside, creamy on the inside. Recently we had a pleasant pistacchio-encrusted lamb and saltimbocca, as well as good pastas. Our usual waiter, who has been there for years, took good care of us. A pleasant place for a traditional, white-tabecloth kind of dinner.

• Visited February 2014