“Psst... Hidden gem, please keep it that way”

Ristorante Paris in Trastevere
Reserve with
Ristorante Paris in Trastevere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,261 of 12,448 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Baarn
“Psst... Hidden gem, please keep it that way”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Ristorante Paris in Trastevere has been a favorite for many years. The restaurant is located between the historic Piazzas of Sta Maria a Trastevere and Piazza San Cosimato. The reatuarant has a nice terrace with heating and the interior is old style classic. Remarkably, the wonderful staff and food quality remain the same throughout these years. Roman food is their specialty and it is why you should go here; fried artichokes, coda alla vaccinara (oxtail) and puntarelle (autumn chicory).
Winelist is rather good and the waiters are quite knowledgeable about fitting wine-food combinations. I hope to return here many times!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank stealth_traveler_NL

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Very Traditional, Low on Staff, Food is Hit or Miss”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I were referred to Paris by Glass Hostaria, which had no availability for dinner. Paris has an "old world" feeling to it, and my wife and I thought the dining room interior had a cozy feel to it. The menu is extensive, and features many traditional Roman dishes. With a focus on meat and seafood, the pasta dishes left much to be desired. Our waiter was rather old, and had difficulty attending to all of his tables. Our table of two was competing with two other tables, one with four and one with 8 or 10, and both tables were very demanding of our server. Unfortunately, this meant that we ran out of water and wine early in our meal and we were never offered another round, and it also meant that we sat with dirty dishes in front of us for 15 minutes or more while we waited for service or for the check. One of the competitive tables ordered whole fishes, and the waiter was delayed in serving us because he was carving up the fish and plating them for quite a while, and by the time he was finished the other table was literally snapping their fingers demanding his attention. We simply fell by the wayside. Paris seems to suffer from a lack of sufficient service support - if our waiter had some help, our meal would have been far more enjoyable. Nevertheless, correcting bad service would not have made up for average-to-good food. My wife's pasta was average (it did not appear fresh), although my fish with tomato sauce was very good and fresh tasting. I also had the grilled porcini mushrooms, although for two caps and four stem pieces, the price of 19 Euros was outrageous. Paris is a place that is best suited for a larger group, where the restaurant prioritizes you. We will not return on our next trip.

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent service, wine and food”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a buzzing restaurant that serves great roman fare. I dined alone on that Saturday evening and although I had no problems getting a table when I arrived, very soon other guests had to wait a while to be seated. Not sure if they take reservations, but if you are coming as a group, it may be wise to investigate. My waiter (an older gentleman) was always ready with a suggestion - I must thank him for his assistance and for putting up with my appalling italian. The oysters were very fresh and the accompanying pro secco light and fragrant - a good match. The fried zucchini flower is to be recommended as were the meats. Again the waiter's wine recommendation was well-worth it. It really wasn't anymore expensive. I also saw the waiter bringing a box of beautiful mushrooms to those ordering certain mushroom based dishes. The "catch of the day" is also displayed on ice awaiting selection by a patron. The lemon and strawberry gelato I had was crisp and tart, perfect to cleanse the palate after the meal. I hope to come back to this place soon.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank JFR1974
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Wonderful fish menu, very friendly service”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had the set fish menu for 2 which is rather a lot of food if you're not used to it. They could have skipped the soup, that was too much, a bit on the salty side and also a bit boring. All the rest was really nice and the main fish was utterly wonderful and filleted to perfection. The waiter was very friendly and also quite a character, so it also has some entertainment value. I would go back there any time!

1 Thank AngelaScholz
“Busy restaurant, normal food”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The waiting was too long, but as soon we were there the service was good. Good prices, good wine. The food is good.