“Avoid this place - extortionate prices” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante gran cafe cavour

Restaurante gran cafe cavour
Ranked #9,337 of 12,043 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe, Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Monti
Chester
“Avoid this place - extortionate prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went on 20th January, had two cafe lattes and a glass of water. The bill was €14!!

€6.50 for a cafe latte that other local cafes charge €1.6 or €2 for, and €1 for a glass of water that is usually free!!

There are lots of good cafes with reasonable charges not too far away. If you go here check menu prices before you sit down. Better still, just walk past.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
“Avoid like the plague”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Absoloutely terrible from start to finish. Ushered in brusquely. Panini was stale. Coffee was okay. Price was ridiculous. 6 euro for 1 coffee. Cornetto was almost inedible. This place should do rome a favour and close down. There are some beautiful restaurants around the corner that deserve the clientele such as tratoria romana!

1 Thank Daronocope
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“4 coffees, 4 icecreams, €49.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

4 coffees and 4 icecreams, €49 . We've been to Rome several times, and as a rule never eat or drink on a main drag or in sight of anything touristy, but the need for an icecream overtook us and we sat down. We ordered from the brusque waiter, and recieved smallish icecreams, and the aforementioned coffees. I nearly fell off my chair when I got the bill. I checked the prices on the menu, and sure enough it wasn't a mistake. €49! (did I mention that already?) Oh, and the waiter never brought us the €1 change either. Beware!

• Visited September 2012
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“They take advantage of tourists...charge too much”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We ate dinner here our first night and after a long day all we wanted was a nice relaxing meal, but 60 euros later we left Gran Caffe Cavour. They were eager to sell us extras as if they were complementary. Of course we weren't going to sit down there again, but we grabbed a breakfast pastry one day and they somehow I didn't get the correct change back. Two times we left this place in a bad mood feeling taken advantage of. Don't go here!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lambert1029
oklahoma city
“Slightly fancy next to Colosseum, not special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

After an afternoon at the Colosseum, I walked by this restaurant on Cavour street. It looked like a nice sit down restaurant. It was average.

I started with the salmone bruschetta. I only got 1 piece, and it was small. Overpriced at 4€.

For the main course I had the fettuccine ai frutti di mare (seafood fettuccine). It was alright. Nothing special about it.

The waiter kind of bothered me. He was overly nice to customers, giving high fives all around, but as soon as he left their view, his face would completely change. I saw him complaining a lot to other staff members in the restaurant. He didn't seem very genuine.

• Visited September 2012