“Great location in Roma”

Roma Trasteverina B&B
Ranked #807 of 3,763 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you're wondering where to stay in Rome, and don't need a big hotel lobby, look no further. Located in the vibrant neighborhood of Trastevere in a residential building, this B&B was clean, convenient, spacious and cool (Rome can reach over 100 degrees F in summer). B&B owner Giorgio speaks perfect English and is happy to share his love and enthusiasm for his beautiful city. This B&B has 3 bedrooms, and a small common breakfast room with a table for 4 and a computer for guest use. Breakfast is minimal and if Giorgio is not available, a voucher is provided for a nearby bar breakfast. The location is great for touring Rome by public transit, taxi, or foot. If you are arriving by car, there is no designated parking area. Meter parking is available right outside. Ask Giorgio for additional street parking options.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank coolbreezeny

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Roma Trasteverina B&B for 4 nights in August. The B&B was conveniently located in the lovely area of Trastevere, but close enough to walk to all the sights in Rome. The owner, Giorgio, was great! He made sure everything was in order and gave us plenty of tips. The room was very clean and confortable. Breakfast was simple but good.
We really recommend the B&B and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mariana C
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Host, Georgio is a pretty good guy and goes above and beyond to help with tips on directions and places to eat etc. and is very knowledgeable in Roman history. The room was clean, well-sized and warm with good bathroom. Breakfast is basic although Georgio does make a pretty good cappuccino. Great location in the heart of Trastevere near dining and cafes etc.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Berliner_Frankie
RomaTrasteverinaBB, Proprietario at Roma Trasteverina B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Berliner_Frankie,
Thank You for spending some time to share your experience with the community, thank You also for your nice words, it has been a pleasure having You as Our Guest.
Hoping to have the chance to have You back at Roma Trasteverina I send You Our Best Regards.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Highlights of this great B&B:

- Amazing location in Trastevere, within walk distance of many bars, restaurants and cafés. Great nightlife!

- Spacious rooms with TV (few channels, didn't matter for us), bathroom inside (ours at least) and nice decoration. Also, confortable bed.

- Giorgio, the host not only he received us with a warm welcoming in perfect english, but starting on the first day, every morning he would give us the best tips on sightseeing (also, avoiding lines), nightlife and places to eat.

- One thing that might be a drawback for some people is that the breakfast is not very strong, as the kitchen is small, but if you need Giorgio can give you a voucher so you can have a discount in a nearby cafe (there a lots of them).

- Kitchen has a simple computer for websurfing, but the whole B&B is covered with Wi-Fi

Would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank danielfosco
RomaTrasteverinaBB, Direttore at Roma Trasteverina B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear danielfosco,

It has been a pleasure having You as Our Guest., thank You for spending some time to share your positive experience with the community, thank You also for your nice words, it means a lot to Us.

In the hope to see you back soon at Roma Trasteverina I send You Our Best Regards.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our 7 night stay in Trastevere was perfect. Giorgio was a fantastic host, cannot thank him enough. No complaints whatsoever. The location was in the heart of a lovely area with bars and resturants nearby and also within easy reach of Rome city centre.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear SSSferris

It has been a pleasure having You as Our Guests., thank You for spending some time to share your positive experience with the community, thank You also for your nice words, it means a lot to Us.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and we were very happy with our choice for accomodations! I can only highly agree with all the other reviews that this is an excellent place to stay. The room was spacious and clean. It was mostly quiet, the room did face out to a courtyard so during the day we would sometimes hear people talking in nearby buildings but it was never bothersome. Trastevere is a great area to explore and there is plenty of good restaurants and gelato spots nearby. There is also a small but great market open in the mornings right around the corner where you can buy fresh fruits and vegetables. Walking into Rome is easy and there is a public transportation readily available. I can't conclude this review without mentioning Giorgio. He was very, very helpful and friendly. He provided great inside information on places to visit and eat at, as well as directions and also helped us with figuring out which public transportation to take where. Every morning he greeted us with an espresso and pastry, very simple and just enough to hold you over until lunch (gotta save room for pizza!). We are looking forward to returning to Rome hopefully sooner then later and definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear kfg 75,

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights earlier on this week. First & foremost, I would like to remark on Giorgio himself - he was so helpful & friendly & welcoming - he lifted my big heavy suitcase up & down on my arrival/departure & recommended places to eat/visit & how to get to them. He had had to cancel another booking I had made for 1 night at the beginning of May & had a bottle of wine for me when I arrived this time, as an apology for inconveniencing me. This was my first time staying in Rome itself & I loved the location in Trastevere - I felt very safe & it was quiet at night. I was able to walk everywhere or easily take public transport. The single room I had was small & compact, but very clean. There was free wifi & a computer at my disposal in the kitchen. My only quibbles (& they are very minor ones) would be that the shower was very small (I'm pretty small as it is) & I would have preferred a heavier bedroom window curtain for the purpose of privacy, as there is only a very narrow alleyway between the building in which it is housed & the building opposite. I would be more than happy to stay there again - much credit to Giorgio & his lovely place for making my stay in Rome so enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

DearJillyKerry,

It has been a pleasure having You as Our Guest, thank You for spending some time to share your positive experience with the community, thank You also for your nice words, I'm happy to hear I managed to make You get the best experience out of your trip to Rome.