“Fresh ingredients and helpful service”
Review of Enosteria Urban Farm - CLOSED

Enosteria Urban Farm
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Colonna
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Found this restaurant by just walking by the day before. It was brightly lit, and the posted menu looked good, so I went back the following evening. I was seated promptly, even as a party of 1, and given menus for food and wine. They had Amarone by the glass that night, so that was a plus right there. Everything I ordered from starters, to entree, to dessert was spot on and delicious. I really do not understand some of the negative reviews here. Service was provided equally by an elegantly dressed woman and a very nice gentleman. The starter of citrus marinated salmon stop arugula and buffalo mozzarella was one of the best things I ate in Rome. Most of the restaurant was filled with locals meeting friends. Was there on a Saturday night, and arrived around 8:30. By 9 the place was full. There was a British couple to my right who also praised their food as well. I also like the modern decor, somewhat unusual for this area of Rome. If you see this place, be assured you will get a nice meal made from some of the freshest ingredients they can procure. Prices are moderate for this area ( Spanish Steps), with mains around 20euros each.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I were on vacation in Rome over the holidays this year and were looking for a place to have dinner on New Years Eve. We probably should have researched this before leaving the States, but left it until the last minute. We had actually made a reservation at another restaurant on Capo le Case, but decided we didn't like their New Years Eve menu, and when we were walking down the street trying to come up with a plan B, we came across En Osteria. We looked at their menu, which seemingly had two choices per course and decided that it was where we were going to spend New Years.

After arriving at the restaurant at 8:30pm and ordering a bottle of prosecco, we were wondering when the waitress was going to ask for our choices. To our amazement, we found that we were being served EVERYTHING on the menu!! These were not small dishes either. By the second course we were actually starting to get a little bit full, as all of the food was so amazing that we ate everything on our plates! By the last course, we were running out of steam, yet still found the appetite to finish our meal. At midnight along with dessert we were treated to another glass of champagne.

The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. We happened to be the only Americans in the the restaurant....everybody else seemed to be locals, which is typically a sign of a good restaurant. I would highly recommend en Osteria to anybody living in or traveling to Rome. It's a short walk from the Trevi Fountain, but certainly not overrun with tourists. They have wonderful food and wine and very reasonable prices considering the quality of the food. The next time I'm in Rome we'll definitely be back!!

chiara s, Proprietario at Enosteria Urban Farm, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

thank you very much for the compliments.
we look forward to our next trip to Rome!

Chiara Settimi

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We spent the evening walking around Rome on our own and stumbled-on to this small, bright little restaurant. Being a week night in November, there were only a few other couples there. The experience was fantastic, warm service, beautiful presentation of delicious food. On special note: there were "slow-food" menu items, and the the Potato/leek Soup was outstanding. Nice wine selection. English speaking staff.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

we found it by accident. so i had some expectations but nothin extra ordinary.first opinion,nice decoration,but a little "cold" atmosphere.they had a good portion o f food and i have to say that the duck was just amazing.but i ordered a burger,and they brought me a burger, mc donalds style.not of this style of restaurant.a bit expensive i think.40 per person.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Yummy! The food was amazing and when we asked for the bill we were very surprised! So cheap for what we got.
the ravioli was the best I've ever had, I practically licked my plate. okay, so i did lick my plate!
Lovely little place, waitress was a little aloof and didn't make us feel very comfortable. But aside from that it was divine!
I'd go back in a heartbeat <3