“Small restaurant, but marvelous "cuccina italiana"”
Review of Trattoria Lilli

Trattoria Lilli
Ranked #1,151 of 13,321 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed November 20, 2012

A rustic ambient, hospitable... great! The food is a tipycal italian. Staff kindly and very smiling. I was in Trattoria Lilli with my pilgrimage group in april 2012. Attention; the restaurant is located in a litle street "boxed up" hehehe...

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was our third visit to Trattoria Lilli, the second one for Sunday lunch, which is the only meal they do on Sundays. It is one of the few restaurants we always try to return to when we visit Rome. As has been mentioned in other reviews, the menu is small, and the dishes uncomplicated, but they are well prepared and efficiently served. This time, my husband had penne all'arrabbiata, followed by chicken alla cacciatora. I started with fettucine with a chicken ragu, followed by a really delicious veal with artichoke sauce that I am going to try to duplicate at home. The restaurant always fills up with mostly locals, and there is no English menu. On good days, there is outdoor seating. It has been mentioned that the restaurant is difficult to find, but it really isn't if you have a good map. It IS off the beaten tourist path, but not far off, just far enough away to feel authentic. The prices are not cheap, but they are a lot lower than what you'd pay in nearby Piazza Navona or around the Pantheon.

1  Thank conwoman43
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We went there on recommendation of an Italian colleague. You wont find the place by coincidence as it is hidden in a small road behind the main one. We booked a table in advance which was good as all tables were reserved - with locals.
Not all dishes we ate were fully convincing. I had great ravioli but a mediocre beef dish. My wife a too mild sauce on the penne all arrabiata bit great veal on artichoke. Wine card is very simple but fits the food.
Next time I'd ask the chef what he would recommend.

1  Thank nafihsus
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked a table for 3 and arrived literally 7 minutes after our appointment and found no table for us. We were obviously upset (and very hungry at 9pm past) and left with a remark to the waiter that we thought we were in Italy and not in Swiss where time management is more punctual. They do serve good Roman food and we are repeaters if not regulars. Very disappointing experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and 2 kids (age 6 and 12) came here for lunch a few days ago after reading good reviews on TripAdvisor, Rough Guide to Rome..... and also my daughter is called Lily! Tricky to find and off the beaten track but well worth the visit. We sat outside and found the staff pleasant and attentive. Food was great - simple but tasty pasta, nice house wine and rather splendid desserts. Would go back.

Been to Trattoria Lilli? Share your experiences!