“Do not hesitate! Simply the best!”
Review of Best Tour Of Italy

Ranked #23 of 272 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Honestly, I am not sure why they are not rated #1 in Rome! While this review is long overdue, (my apologies), my daughter and I had an unbelievable day with Massimo during the last week in August of last summer. First, we were a little late to meet Massimo, as we got in so late the night before and overslept. He didn't panic and got us to where we had to go (with full and wonderful explanations en route) in plenty of time. All tickets were bought by him beforehand. After our wonderful trip to the Vatican, Massimo took us to a wonderful, non-touristy place for lunch which couldn't be beat! We then toured the Colosseum and again met Massimo right outside. Then our day with Massimo began! Massimo took us throughout the entire city, stopping along all important routes, telling us the most important historical facts in a story-like manner that we will never forget. Since we were late in the morning to begin with, not only did he not rush us, but spent lots of extended time with us to make sure we saw everything and understood everything! I am convinced that he did this because he is so impassioned about what he does. We were a mother and daughter team, and he knew exactly how to capture the interests of both of us. From the comfort of his Mercedes Van, to his strong, perhaps unequaled knowledge, to his wonderful demeanor, I can't wait to revisit the city and I will hire Massimo and Best Tour of Italy as soon as I make plans again. He is simply the best!

5  Thank BLOforSLO
"mercedes vans"
"christian rome"
"comfortable van"
in 4 reviews
"spoke very good english"
"excellent driver"
"money well spent"
"skip the line tickets"
in 6 reviews
"wine tasting"
"always on time"
"his passion"

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We loved our guided tour of from by Chritiano. We highly recommend using this service. We were met at our hotel and taken in a luxurious Mercedes van. We are a family of 3 and this was our first trip to Rome. Christiano was the perfect host. He took us to all the main sites of this beautiful city. He gave us insight and allowed us some time to explore on our own as well. He arranged for skip the line tickets to the Coliseum as well as a private tour guide of the Vatican. Additionally, he arranged for wonderful lunch stop at an authentic local restaurant and we were treated like royalty. He also gave us some nice tips on other restaurants and areas for us to visit, as well as the best gelato place in Italy (Giolitti)...I would highly recommend using Massimo or Chrstiano, they really provide a top notch service...

2  Thank Bobby M
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were in Rome this summer and booked Best Tour of Italy to show us the sites in the city as well as taking us to Florence and a country winery. Our driver was Christiano. It was excellent - one of the highlights of a trip to Greece and Italy. If we ever make it back -we'd use them again.

3  Thank Renea M
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a once in a lifetime Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Solstice from September 19th - October 3rd. We wanted to make the most of our port time so I did research on private tour companies for Rome, Florence and the Amalfi Coast. When I saw all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor for Best Tour of Italy, I was happy to find some fellow cruisers on Cruise Critic to join us for our private tours. Massimo was wonderful in answering all of our many questions prior to the trip.

We were very blessed to have Cristiano for our guide in both Florence and Rome. He was wonderful and gave us the best experience ever! I highly recommend Best Tour of Italy, especially Cristiano for your cruise excursions in Italy!!!

Here is a great photo of our group in Rome. We had 2 vans of 8 with two wonderful guides (Cristiano and Andrea)!!