“A beautiful meal out for our anniversary”
Review of Eleonora D'Arborea

Eleonora D'Arborea
Ranked #257 of 12,362 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trieste
Description: Ristorante Eleonora D'Arborea opened the 1st of January, 1997. Our cooking, inspired by the best traditional Sardinian recipes, is carefully perfected in all details, from the creation to the presentation of the dish. An elegant atmosphere is enriched by efficient service and theflavors of Sardinia found in all of our dishes- from the appetizers to the desserts and the best seasonal wines. The many choices of seafood are all fresh, caught everyday and always different.
London, United Kingdom
“A beautiful meal out for our anniversary”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

After reading reviews for a different seafood restaurant in Rome I came across someone recommending this one instead.

We took a chance and went without a booking and were immediately seated outside. We got there before 8pm and by then it was full outside.

The food was excellent for all three courses we had (neither of us had space for desert !) and the staff were friendly and very efficient.

Definitely a great find and away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist areas.

I would highly recommend this place if you are in Rome and you love seafood !

1 Thank Mrnapage

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Two fabulous nights!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Just happened to be passing this restaurant and decided to go in. Looked busy while other nearby restaurants were practically empty so thought that looked promising. We weren't wrong! Food, service so good, even to Brits, that we booked for my birthday later in the week. Even more impressed the second time. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone. This restaurant isn't inexpensive but it is value for money in my opinion. We live on the outskirts of London and a restaurant of this quality but be considerably more expensive here.

2 Thank The_Lindsay_Couple
Melbourne, Australia
“A huge disappointment”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had booked this months ahead for my partner's birthday. Based on rave reviews here and elsewhere. We left very disappointed

First of all the place is way out in the boon docks. It is a fair walk from the nearest metro station.

We had the mixed hot and cold entree which was not very good. However the seafood lasagna was quite good.

I had the lobster which was tough. Obviously it was over cooked. Strangely they only had one lobster. So other people who ordered after me could not get lobster. My partner had the grilled calamari which was okay but nothing special.

After the mains arrived was when things really went south. We ordered a salad but it did not arrive until we had finished our mains so we sent sent it back. The waiter did not looked happy.

He took 40 minutes to take our dessert order. When the said dessert had not arrived in 45 minutes we asked for the bill and left. There were not even may people in the place

Seriously, if you love seafood and are in Rome, go to the Corte del Grillo Osterio and give this place a miss.

5 Thank Andrew764
sally825, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Eleonora D'Arborea, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Andrew764,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am very sorry that you left disappointed. Our clients’ satisfaction and impeccable service is always our goal. I would like to respond to a few of your points:

- I believe that saying we are ‘ out in the boondocks’ is overstating. We assume that our clients do check the map included on our website which clearly shows our location not in the touristy city center, but in one of Rome’s most elegant neighborhoods-Parioli. We are a short taxi ride (10 mins) or bus ride (62) from most areas of the Historic Center.

- I do thank you for the compliments on the seafood lasagna, but am sorry that the food was not to your liking.

- All of our seafood is fresh and brought in daily. As always we aim to estimate precise quantities so that we are never out of any one type of fish. Unfortunately, since availability is based on the days catch, sometimes this out of our hands.

- As I’m sure you know it is customary to eat salads at the end of dinner in Italy, and as such this was not an oversight on our waiters part.

- While I do not remember a dessert taking so long to be served, I do wish you would have let me know that evening. Such service is unacceptable and I would have done my best to expedite it’s arrival and correct any other mistake you feel we had made.
“Superb seafood”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Amazing flavours and interesting dishes. This restaurant specialises in Sardinian seafood and has a great menu. The Raw, Hot and Cold mixed starter was an experience - the first time I'd eaten Sea Urchin, along with various other fish and seafood, both raw and cooked. A delicious creamy risotto followed, then some Sardinian sweet cakes and coffee to finish.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TeddingtonSB
Perth, Australia
“made to feel special”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Recommended by our local b&b and impressed by the food and service. A very nice experience and delighted with the extras you receive in style.