“Beautiful lobby and rooms, great service, very mediocre restaurant.”

Grand Hotel Via Veneto
Ranked #126 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
North Carolina
“Beautiful lobby and rooms, great service, very mediocre restaurant.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just checked out after a three day weekend and the service was 5 star! The rooms and furnishings were beautiful. We had dinner at the restaurant because AMEX gave us a credit as the hotel is part of their FHR program. Don't eat there unless you have to, because it is mediocre at best. I ordered the fusilli and it was one of the few times in my life I have ever sent a meal back. I am not a picky eater and it was inedible. My girlfriend could also not eat it and her meal was average at best. The service in the restaurant was however excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilaria L, Front of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your suite lived up to your expectations. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed the location: La Dolce Vita Street, which always keeps its magic, the service provided by our colleagues and the excellent quality of the Italian food especially in the breakfast buffet enjoyed.
We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.
Regarding the small issue at the Restaurant please be assured that I have passed your feedback to the competent department to avoid a recurrence of the incident you have experienced.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand hotel Via Veneto.

Yours Sincerely,
Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brussels
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel exceeded our expectations. Room rates were reasonable for such a genuine luxury property, and given the facility of an extra bed per room for our children. The location is unbeatable, next to 'old glory' Doney in the middle of dolce vita, across from Harry's bar, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were nicely renovated, spacious, really quiet, the bathrooms were very comfortable and staff was genuinely friendly, also to the kids, and totally helpful (without soliciting tips). The only little minus point is that breakfast was not cheap. Same holds for room service.. Internet was included (and fast enough. All in all, we loved it and, when in Rome again, we will go out of our way to stay here again.

Room Tip: For a third bed, choose room 112, 212, 312 etc
2 Thank LuAnton
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are happy to read that you enjoyed in your stay with us and the facility and the rooms were up to your expectations. We are pleased to know that the staff was helpful during your stay and made you feel at ease. We feel it is important for our guests to feel at home. We are sorry to hear you had some concerns with breakfast. Our prices are well up to similar facilities located into the famous historical road where we are, if not even better. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were relocated here late at night after we fell victim to a room scam at the Berg Luxury Hotel nearby. We turned up to find they had 'overbooked' and we were offered a sub standard alternative hotel. This is something of a regular occurrence so avoid at all costs. Expedia relocated us to the Jumeirah and we are so very glad they did. The staff were fantastic. After all the hassle and poor service at the Berg we arrived at midnight to find staff who could not do enough for us and we were upgraded to a beautiful spacious room. We spent four days here enjoying close proximity to the beautiful villa borghese park, and easy access to the main sites. Thank you to Jumeirah for saving our special holiday. Strongly recommend this as the ideal luxury break in Rome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank competentcrew
Dear Guest,
We are happy to read that you enjoyed in your stay with us and the facility and the rooms were up to your expectations. We are also pleased to read that your trip in Italy was as memorable as you had originally planned and we contributed to it. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance
Kindest regards,
Lier, België
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great hotel, everything what one expects from a five star hotel. Definitely worth a visit. Though situated at the outskirts of downtown Rome, public transportation can easily be reached on foot.
Please inform guests upfront that a bading suite is needed to visit the spa/sauna.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Exaptar
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel via Veneto. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey. We are happy to read that you enjoyed in your stay with us. In addition, we would like to inform you that we will definitely keep into consideration your suggestions.

ront Of House Manager
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We are here as a family of 7, 4 adults and 3 kids spread over 3 rooms (one suite, one superior and one deluxe) all of which are fab with great bathrooms. Yes I agree with the other reviewer - this isn't a ritz Carlton or a mandarin oriental but it's pretty damn good for rome. Gym is great, the staff really couldn't be more pleasant and actually have referred to me by name several times so maybe the previous reviewers were rude and arsey which is why they were ignored!! Check in was smooth but slow but that's because they have to take copies of all passports, sign various Italian legal forms etc. we were offered refreshments while we waited. Special shout out to the fabulous doormen who recognised us at all times, got us taxis easily and gave instructions to the drivers so we would arrive together as a large party. The concierge staff (jumeirah lifestyle they are called) were also helpful with restaurant bookings and seemed knowledgeable to me. Magnolia also closed for dinner but I could not fault the breakfast which was super tasty, loads of options and again fabulous helpful staff.
Interestingly my only criticism would be the location - whilst the street it's on is lovely with lovely posh buildings inc. the USA embassy, it is quite a walk to everywhere (at least 15 mins) and some other hotels are more central. But if you're happy walking or taking taxis (plentiful and ok priced) then this hotel is really a winner. Vatican City is a good 30 mins in a taxi.
I would definitely return here, particularly if I could get a good deal.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,
We are happy to read that you enjoyed in your stay with us especially the facility and the services offered. It gives us great pleasure to read that our staff made you feel at ease during your stay. It is important that our guests feel they are at home. In addition, we would like to thank you for your kind words on the breakfast. I will share your comment with the staff and I am certain that they will be glad to read that their efforts are so well appreciated. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Front Of Hous Manager
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Booked at this hotel for 4 nights. This is a new development and the rooms are quite modern. The hotel is well located and the members of staff are quite helpful and accommodating. Concierge very helpful with dining options. In conclusion, would definitely choose to stay at this development again.

2 Thank Ahmed A
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey. We are happy to read that you enjoyed in your stay with us and our staff made you feel at ease. I will share your comment with the staff and I am certain that they will be glad to read that their efforts are so well appreciated. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Arrived at Fiumicino Airport and took the Terravision bus to the Temini Station. This cost 5 euro per person and took around 50 mins. You can pre-book the tickets or just get a ticket at the airport. We walked from the Termini station to the Jumeirah Grand which took around 15-20 mins with a suitcase in tow.
On arrival we received a free upgrade which is always a nice surprise. The room was very spacious but we had no view as previous people have stated so we weren't expecting one!! I could not believe that there were no coffee/tea facilities in the room but I suppose this is a way for the hotel to make more money but it just made us go outside and go to a café.
There was free Wi-Fi available but there was a computer to use in the concierge free of charge and also a printer.
We had a drink one night in the bar and waited for around 15-20 minutes. After this time I went inside to the bar to order as we were sick of waiting for the barman to turn around and tell me that he would be out in 2 mins. After waiting a further 5 minutes I went in again and ordered. We received no free appertisers as other guests have commented about so we never went there again. It was amazing how they ferried around 'certain' clientele!!!!
We did not pay for the breakfast as found this far too overpriced and just found a nice café on our wanders every morning to the different sites we were going to.
Every night after that we went up to Harry's Bar which on the first night we had a meal which was fantastic but overpriced but you received excellent customer service compared to the Jumeirah Grand bar and also got free crisps/biscuits/peanuts with every drink.
The gym is small but is very modern and really good equipment. There are two treadmills, stepper, two bikes and weight machines.
The Gardens of villa Borghese is two minutes away and not too much further for the Spanish Steps. We never used any transport for the 3 days we were there and walked everywhere.
On the way back to the airport we got the airport shuttle which cost around 15 euro each.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in Rome but would hope the service would improve in the bar!!!

1 Thank butt0n14
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facility and the location of our hotel. We are glad that the free upgrade was a surprise which made your stay more comfortable. . I am concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations with regards to the Bar service. Our prices are well up to similar facilities located into the famous historical road where we are. I hope these shortfalls will not tarnish your overall impression of Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto and deter you from staying with us. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future, giving us another opportunity to make sure you have a wonderful stay with us. I will personally take care of your future reservation by assuring you a special treatment, We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.