“Top class hotel, from every aspect!”

Grand Hotel Via Veneto
Ranked #127 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Top class hotel, from every aspect!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights when visiting Rome. This is really a top notch hotel, with first class service and amenities. The check-in process was very easy and welcoming. The reception is different from other hotels, here the receptionist sits behind a desk with my wife and I sitting on the opposite end. We were served a complementary espresso and cappuccino during the check-in process.
The rooms are very nice and modern, and VERY clean. Closet space is a bit small, but we managed. We stayed in a quiet room facing the courtyard (important to me since I'm a light sleeper.
Although not that large, the fitness center is also very nice and modern.

Location: the hotel is located on Via Veneto which used to be a busy shopping street (not much to see / do on this street nowadays). Location is ok, not great. About a 8-10 minute walk to the Spanish Steps.

We really have nothing bad to say about this hotel, everything is very calm and welcoming, a perfect hotel to come back to after a long day walking around. Will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Select a quiet room facing the courtyard if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ayalm
Ilaria L, Front of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this review, August 2, 2013

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your room lived up to your expectations
We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 14, 2013

There are many wonderful places to stay in Rome and this is NOT one of them. The reception at check in was unwelcoming (almost rude and unpleasant). Check in was late and then they simply handed me the keys without any directions or escort to the room. Check out was no better and there was barely a "thank you for your stay." The staff was very unfriendly and the service was poor. Sofitel was located nearby - I would try there. The hotel facility was nice (probably 5 star) but the staff and service was 1 star.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to Jumeirah Grand hotel Via Veneto
Your comment is important to us, as we always aim at delivering an ultimate experience for every guest.

I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations. I have noted your comment and dissatisfaction regarding not being able to give you the right welcoming upon arrival.

Regarding the behavior of some of our colleagues, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we want our guests to experience. I have personally looked in this matter and communicated with our outlets managers that more trainings should be provided to our staff to guarantee that all our guests are fully satisfied with the service.

II would like to thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via veneto is renowned for.

Yours sincerely,
Westchester, NY
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our family of five, three boys (11,8,6), spent three nights here at the end of June. We had booked two adjoining deluxe rooms but were informed at check in that we were over the occupancy limit so were given a junior suite and a deluxe room that shared a small private hall. In effect we had a two bedroom, two bath suite. The suite faced the street while the deluxe room had a single window looking into a light well. We found both rooms very spacious, not the usual adjustment from what you would expect in the US versus what you expect in Europe, with large bathrooms and high ceilings. The decor was attractive, modern, clean if not necessarily what I would choose.

The big hit of the stay with our group was the roof terrace. It is lightly used and you can have room service deliver to you there. Most importantly from our sons' point of view it had a small pool/hot tub. It's roughly 6' x 5' and we never figured out how to get the heater or jets working but it was late June so the kids didn't really care. They had it to themselves.

The breakfast was good but is geared to European tastes so some flexibility is required.

The location was very good for us. It is on the same street was several high end hotels as well as the US Embassy. Attractive and relatively quiet. There are good, local, restaurants nearby but not much in the way of high street shopping, which we don't care about. The Borghese Gardens are two blocks away, which we cared about a great deal and spent a fare amount of time in. The zoo was a big hit. The presentation is a little dated but it was good enough and I enjoyed being around some actual Romans and not 20,000 of my fellow countrymen as was the case everywhere else we went.

The staff was universally great.

We would absolutely return here and hope to find more like it. The price tag is large, I'm not saying that it's a bargain and don't know whether it is a value relative to its competitors but they delivered the product you would expect for the price you are paying.

Room Tip: I think we would have been disappointed had we only had windows in the light well.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feed back on the Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the location which is the true centre of the city: Via Veneto street! Also the service provided by our colleagues that you kindly define “universally great”.

Yours Sincerely
Front Of House Manager
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is a five star for a reason - customer service. They haven't forgotten what it is, even in a big city like Rome. The rooms are really nice and clean and the fact we could always get good quality food for our teenagers in the bar or restaurant was key. Make sure you order the two different types of ice teas. I wish they were imported to the States! You can walk to the Borghese Gardens every morning for exercise and it is close to the Spanish Steps and shopping. You do have to taxi to the Vatican and Coliseum but we expected that.

Room Tip: facing the street to the front so you have a view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristen P

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that our service lived up to your expectations. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed the time spent at our Time Bar having fun with us!

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel.
We do sincerely hope to welcome you here again in the next future,

Kind Regards
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to Rome and stayed here for 4nights for my birthday. The staff could not do enough for you. The room was cleaned twice a day, went u left in the morning and when you came back for dinner of an evening your find your slippers and dressing gown on the bed ready and waiting. The Hotel provide the best toiletries and extras. Champagne and treats in the room as we arrived. Everything about this hotel is 5* from the food to spa, when we return to rome this will defiantly be the stay of choice again. They go above and beyond. Fabulous Hotel

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back on the Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the location which is the true centre of the city: La Dolce Vita Street, which always keeps its magic!

Also the service provided by our colleagues when you kindly say that “They go above and beyond”.

Front Of House Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is one of the best city hotels I've stayed in. Rooms were new and elegant. Pretty comfortable bed. I had a room with 2 small balconies. Although this room is a little more expansive than the non-balcony rooms, it is very worth it. It overlooks busy Via Veneto. Not to worry the hotel rooms are rather sound proof.

You'll find many cafes and restaurants along Via Veneto but I wouldn't say the same about tourist spots. Most can be easily reached with taxi. Unless you have loads of time on your hands then take slow strolls. This is Rome after all. Something to suprise you at every corner.

As for the staff, check in was slow but check out was prompt. But reception is very helpful and friendly. Breakfast staff is a little slow too but there is one outstanding guy who served us one morning named Marcello. House keeping is very efficient too.

Room is very impressive though not very big. Large LCD TV, fully stocked mini fridge. But remember to get your own bottled water. It is only provided on the first night. The is no iron, coffee making facilities and kettle (this is norm in all Europe hotels). Washroom is big, with Bulgari toiletries, bath tub, warmer for winter, large mirror and modern faucet is a big plus. Beds are clean and bathroom slippers is very comfortable.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel or simply have a coffee at their outdoor lobby and watch the world go by. I have heard many complains about how asian are sometime treated unevenly in hotels in Rome, but this is not the case. To my asian or american friends, stay here with no doubt. Great Service and Fantastic place!

Room Tip: Book balcony rooms ... you'll enjoy it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilaria L, front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this review, July 20, 2013

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your suite lived up to your expectations

Hampshire
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Location - via veneto is quite centrally located as its very close to Villa Borghese and a 15 min walk to the Spanish steps but in the June heat we ended up paying out a lot on taxis to get to major sights or shopping and restaurant areas. In hindsight, when we return to Rome, we'll elect to stay closer to The Pantheon, which is very centrally located to everything and a lot more happening in the evening too.

Room / Hotel facilities - the hotel itself is beautiful and decorated very tastefully. Our standard room was very spacious and the bed was huge. The bathroom was exceptionally large with full size bath, monsoon shower, toilet etc. All Bvlgari amenities in the room and of course robes and slippers.

Service - to me this is where the hotel falls short. We booked this hotel directly with Jumeirah as we'd had such a wonderful time at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in Dubai and so the brand to us is synonymous with luxury and excellent service across all its hotels. Not to be I'm afraid! The housekeeping was the worst we'd experienced at any hotel. Twice after cleaning the room, they left used glassware around and once they even put the dirty glasses back in the cabinet along with a clean glasses. We had to ask 3 different people before they replaced them with clean ones. They also neglected to replenish the toilet rolls leaving us without. No turn-down service was provide until we complained and in the end the hotel sent a cheap bottle of Rosé Prosecco to the room after we complained, but it was too unpleasant to drink. I also found much of the staff rude and surly at times (the waiting staff especially whom I had to ask 3 times for some ice as the orange juice was positively warm!!). There were of course exceptions. The girls on the 'Lifestlye Desk' were amazing especially Olga S, Nadaje & Alessandra and the same for the ladies at the Spa. Truly a credit to the hotel.

Food - the breakfast again was not at Jumeirah standard. Although the food was of a high standard, there wasn't much variety on offer and if you wanted eggs cooked a particular way you needed to pay a supplement. I've never come across this before at a luxury hotel before. The orange juice was off limits unless you asked for it. For some reason it's deemed too expensive to be on the buffet with the rest of the juices, which is what I was told by the staff!

Summary - As a business hotel if your staying for a fleeting visit I would imagine you wouldn't have an issue. We were on our holidays and so had booked to stay 4 nights in total, and instead of feeling like we were saying a fond farewell to new friends (which is how we felt when leaving the last Jumeirah property we stayed at), we actually were ready to move on! Not the desired effect a luxury hotel should strive for!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations. I have also noted your comments regarding our restaurant. Kindly note, that our variety of products is in line with similar properties in this area if not superior. We feel that we offer an excellent value, given our unique location and facilities. However, in your case it appears that we failed to meet your expectations especially in housekeeping service and I would like to sincerely apologise for that.

I would like to thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto is renowned for.

Yours sincerely,