“Small Luxury Hotel at Via Veneto”

Grand Hotel Via Veneto
Ranked #132 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is one of the best city hotels I've stayed in. Rooms were new and elegant. Pretty comfortable bed. I had a room with 2 small balconies. Although this room is a little more expansive than the non-balcony rooms, it is very worth it. It overlooks busy Via Veneto. Not to worry the hotel rooms are rather sound proof.

You'll find many cafes and restaurants along Via Veneto but I wouldn't say the same about tourist spots. Most can be easily reached with taxi. Unless you have loads of time on your hands then take slow strolls. This is Rome after all. Something to suprise you at every corner.

As for the staff, check in was slow but check out was prompt. But reception is very helpful and friendly. Breakfast staff is a little slow too but there is one outstanding guy who served us one morning named Marcello. House keeping is very efficient too.

Room is very impressive though not very big. Large LCD TV, fully stocked mini fridge. But remember to get your own bottled water. It is only provided on the first night. The is no iron, coffee making facilities and kettle (this is norm in all Europe hotels). Washroom is big, with Bulgari toiletries, bath tub, warmer for winter, large mirror and modern faucet is a big plus. Beds are clean and bathroom slippers is very comfortable.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel or simply have a coffee at their outdoor lobby and watch the world go by. I have heard many complains about how asian are sometime treated unevenly in hotels in Rome, but this is not the case. To my asian or american friends, stay here with no doubt. Great Service and Fantastic place!

Room Tip: Book balcony rooms ... you'll enjoy it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilaria L, front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your suite lived up to your expectations
We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Via Veneto

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Location - via veneto is quite centrally located as its very close to Villa Borghese and a 15 min walk to the Spanish steps but in the June heat we ended up paying out a lot on taxis to get to major sights or shopping and restaurant areas. In hindsight, when we return to Rome, we'll elect to stay closer to The Pantheon, which is very centrally located to everything and a lot more happening in the evening too.

Room / Hotel facilities - the hotel itself is beautiful and decorated very tastefully. Our standard room was very spacious and the bed was huge. The bathroom was exceptionally large with full size bath, monsoon shower, toilet etc. All Bvlgari amenities in the room and of course robes and slippers.

Service - to me this is where the hotel falls short. We booked this hotel directly with Jumeirah as we'd had such a wonderful time at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in Dubai and so the brand to us is synonymous with luxury and excellent service across all its hotels. Not to be I'm afraid! The housekeeping was the worst we'd experienced at any hotel. Twice after cleaning the room, they left used glassware around and once they even put the dirty glasses back in the cabinet along with a clean glasses. We had to ask 3 different people before they replaced them with clean ones. They also neglected to replenish the toilet rolls leaving us without. No turn-down service was provide until we complained and in the end the hotel sent a cheap bottle of Rosé Prosecco to the room after we complained, but it was too unpleasant to drink. I also found much of the staff rude and surly at times (the waiting staff especially whom I had to ask 3 times for some ice as the orange juice was positively warm!!). There were of course exceptions. The girls on the 'Lifestlye Desk' were amazing especially Olga S, Nadaje & Alessandra and the same for the ladies at the Spa. Truly a credit to the hotel.

Food - the breakfast again was not at Jumeirah standard. Although the food was of a high standard, there wasn't much variety on offer and if you wanted eggs cooked a particular way you needed to pay a supplement. I've never come across this before at a luxury hotel before. The orange juice was off limits unless you asked for it. For some reason it's deemed too expensive to be on the buffet with the rest of the juices, which is what I was told by the staff!

Summary - As a business hotel if your staying for a fleeting visit I would imagine you wouldn't have an issue. We were on our holidays and so had booked to stay 4 nights in total, and instead of feeling like we were saying a fond farewell to new friends (which is how we felt when leaving the last Jumeirah property we stayed at), we actually were ready to move on! Not the desired effect a luxury hotel should strive for!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to Jumeirah Grand hotel Via Veneto
Your comment is important to us, as we always aim at delivering an ultimate experience for every guest.

I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations. I have also noted your comments regarding our restaurant. Kindly note, that our variety of products is in line with similar properties in this area if not superior. We feel that we offer an excellent value, given our unique location and facilities. However, in your case it appears that we failed to meet your expectations especially in housekeeping service and I would like to sincerely apologise for that.

I would like to thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto is renowned for.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July 2012 with my small dog. The staff were very friendly, efficient, and attentive. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was very big and comfortable plus the Bulgari toiletries were a nice touch. I also used the hotel spa and had a mani/pedi. The hotel cafe was nice too although the prices were a bit expensive but then again you pay for the fact that you are on Via Veneto. Overall I enjoyed my stay, it was very comfortable and I would definitely choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank fysslina

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. We hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that all our services lived up to your expectations.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for the first six nights of our honeymoon at this amazing hotel. It is located just outside a bus stop (which we only figured out in the latter part of our stay) and for EUR1.50 for 100min you can pretty much transfer to any of the major buses. It is on the famous street Veneto which is tranquil, upmarket and has some lovely (if expensive) cafe's in the vicinity.

The service is AMAZING! My husband lost his luggage and the reception arranged to have it delivered to our hotel room with no hassle (we don't speak Italian). We had truffles delivered to our room on the first night as it was our honeymoon and the concierge was VERY helpful advising where to eat, how to get to various famous sights and even booking a haircut for me!

We booked on the non-refundable rate (which is very strictly non refundable) and got a great deal for a deluxe room (which even had a walk in closet).

Would strongly recommend this hotel to everybody!

(Breakfast was not included in our rate)

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the deluxe room (one up from basic) it's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KB2905

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Thank you for have chosen us for your Honeymoon: we feel happy for having been part of this very special occasion!

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your deluxe room lived up to your expectations.

All our colleagues of the Reception and Lifestyle departments still remember your kindness and lovely words towards them!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, maybe for your first anniversay, who knows!?

Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance.

All the best,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

High quality hotel with excellent service. Pricey, but for Europe it comes with larger rooms and bathrooms. Beds were very firm. Highly recommend booking with American Express Platinum Card Fine Hotels (breakfast, Wi-Fi, and 85 Euro for drinks/food included). We had two adjoining rooms facing Via Veneto and they were exceptionally quite.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ATL_FrequentFlyer

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

On arrival into the hotel we were warmly greeted by Reception. My wife and I were keen to get into our rooms as I had managed to spill my entire can of beer over here during our short flight across from the UK. Needless to say Heineken and Ellie Sab Eau du Parfum do not make for a heady mix. Perhaps in light of this, we were checked into a fairly ho-hum room. We showered up had a light meal and got set for the delights of Rome!

There are plenty of positives to the hotel; the location, the size of the rooms for Rome, the calm ambience, the lovely doormen.

However, having stayed at numerous 5 star hotels across the globe I felt somewhat short changed. I am aware that there are more pressing matters globally than my wife not being able to iron her blouse but it can be an issue when you have parted with the best part of 500 Euro for a nights stay.

There was also a general sense of chaos each morning over breakfast. Plenty of staff but a lack of leadership. Being in the catering trade I was somewhat bemused at the amount of incorrect orders being taken and the fact that if you had already paid for breakfast not everything was included such as eggs. Room service also needs some work as on requesting a bottle opener I had to wait for 50 minutes for one to arrive but instead of a bottle opener I was in receipt of 3 bottles of water. Something somewhere was lost in translation...

Finally, I sensed that the whole place could do with a spruce up, the corridors, breakfast room had some patches of damp etc.

Would I stay here again...probably not. Its not that its not a good hotel, its simply that it did not represent great value for money and was not as consistent and as outstanding as other Jumeirah properties elsewhere in the world.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Intrepid_Cox

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back on the Tripadvisor.

We do really appreciate your comment and regarding the small issues with the breakfast service (scrumbled eggs are included in the buffet breakfast), anyway be assured that we have passed your feedback to the competent department to avoid a recurrence of the incident you have experienced.

Regarding the self service ironing, please be informed that we are not allowed to use irons inside the rooms for safety reasons.

I hope these shortfalls will not tarnish your overall impression of Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto and deter you from staying with us. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future, giving us another opportunity to make sure you have a wonderful stay with us. I will personally take care of your future reservation by assuring you a special treatment,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel outshines many of the so called 5 stars that in Rome may mean no AC. JVV has fresh modern facilities and a super staff. Always friendly and ready to help you. Brkfast was good and the terrace was nice to enjoy a cigar and take in the Roman nights. I booked an open suite and was surprised NOT to have an independent shower even though it was advertised. If this is a suite the rooms are definitely SMALL!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your experience lived up to your expectations

Regarding your suite I am sorry to notice that you couldn't get the one desired with separate bath and shower: it may happen when the hotel is fully booked and we cannot guarantee all the extra requests. Regarding the size of our suite, please be informed that we have the biggest of the ciity.