I booked this tour for my first day in Rome and it turned out to be a perfect choice and best way to start a vacation in Italy!
1) Cuatomer need is his top priority. Before I left the US I was pleasantly surprised to get a WhatsApp message from Giulio asking me if I had particular sights I wanted to shoot! Obviously customer need is his top priority and that showed through the entire tour. At one point I was tired (sick from a cold) and was ready to quit. He told me we hardly covered half of what he had planned for me and encouraged me to continue but at the same time agreed to take a dinner break and recommended a really nice restaurant.
2) Professionalism. I was very impressed with his English then got to know that he spent years living and working in New York City
as a professional video/photo producer. He is a world traveler, a scholar, and he has a wealth of knowledge about art, photography and all the secret gems in Rome!
3) Photographic Insight. I am an advanced amateur photographer and I found Giulio’s insight and advice tremendous, from taking the time and setting up equipment right to start, to composition, and exposure.
4) Itinerary. The route Giulio designed for me was perfect, we walked through many sights as he pointed out to me, not only for photography tips, but also the history behind each. We stopped longer at places I was more interested in photographing but kept moving along. Rome at night was at its best.
5) Generosity and Passion. I got so excited with the sights by the Forum and old ruins. Time flew and it was past the tour time. Giulio was so gracious. He didn’t rush me at all and gave me the time to take all the shots I wanted. I think he is very passionate about photography himself and what he does as a guide!
This is a must-take-tour for photographer of any level; even if you are not a photographer this is a great way to see Rome through a local’s eyes, get recommendation, and orientation when you start your Roman holiday! Can’t say enough about my experience and gratitude. Highly recommended.