Rome Photo Fun Tours
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Rome Photo Fun Tours
from $338.62
More Info
All reviews professional photographer four hours photography workshop night photo tour camera settings great shots amazing photos photography tips street photography planned itinerary his knowledge an unforgettable experience eternal city late at night booked this tour great tour walking tour
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2018

Many people make it to Rome but few have the privilege of experiencing this incredible city under the experienced eye of a trained photojournalist. There is nothing quite like it. You are not just a tourist exploring the many historic sites in and around Rome. You are invited to step into the shoes of someone who sees the world through the lenses of a camera. For a few hours you can think like Cartier Bresson or Abbas or Steve McCurry. You can attempt to interpret beauty in your own way and be self-expressive, while at the same time discovering one of the most fascinating cities of the world. That very action takes you into a different space where the here and now become timeless. Giulio's enthusiasm, artistic eye, sense of humor and poetic interpretation of his beloved city will draw you in and gift you with an unforgettable experience. I worked with Giulio in the past and, while visiting some friends in Rome, I decided to give his tour a shot. I had never seen Rome this way before. I got a much more intimate view of a city I had visited but had never quite "seen" this way before. I fell in love with Rome again, thanks to Giulio. Definitely, worth it! Besides, I now have beautiful images that I created as a forever memory to share with family and friends.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Beatrice S
Romephotofuntours, Owner at Rome Photo Fun Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2019

Dear Bea,
Thanks a million for your wonderful, enthusiastic, long and exhaustive review. It was great to walk around with you, showing you all the beauty of Rome while exchanging ideas and opinions about art and photography. It surely was a wonderful occasion to remember the old times when we worked together on documentaries on gender in Africa. What a great times, what a wonderful experiences!!!!
I am truly grateful you took time to take a tour with me. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Reviewed December 28, 2018

I love finding exciting ways to explore new cities and my recent trip to Roma was no different. As part of my research I reached out to a good friend who had just returned from a recent trip to Italy. He suggested I book a photo tour with Giulio from Romephotofuntours and it turned out to be one of the best parts of my visit.

Giulio is a fantastic photographer, very patient, extremely friendly and he knows Roma like the back of his hand. I booked his Roma By Night tour. We spent hours shooting the ancient ruins, famous squares and monuments with no one else around. Giulio picked me up from my flat, we drove and walked everywhere, following a carefully planned itinerary. He allowed me to take all the shots I wanted and then some! If looking to capture beautiful photographs of Roma By Night, Giulio is your guy!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Zandelle P
Romephotofuntours, Owner at Rome Photo Fun Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2018

Dear Zandelle,

Thanks a lot for your very beautiful review. It was a lot of fun touring Rome with you at night. If I am a patient teacher, you certainly are a terrific student! I am glad Sean put us in touch and you enjoyed taking photos of the eternal city with me.
If you are not busy, Feel free to post some of the pics you took, here on my Trip Advisor page ( I just found out about this cool TA feature).

I hope to see you back in Rome sometime soon.... and if you should have friends coming this way, please give them my contacts :-)

Happy New Year,

Reviewed December 27, 2018

Selecting a professional trainer and advisor can be frustrating and even dicey at times. Not in this case. We could not be more pleased with every component of our tour and must give Giulio D'Ercole and Rome photo fun tours, the highest marks possible. Thank you!!!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank serragio
Romephotofuntours, Owner at Rome Photo Fun Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2018

Dear Gionni,

Thanks a lot for your very flattering words, I do appreciate you took time to write a review on the tour we had, and I am very glad you were pleased with the workshop you took. Great to know I am up on your list of travel experiences.

Best regards and happy new year,

Reviewed December 21, 2018 via mobile

This tour was worth it!!! Great recommendations for photo opportunities along with expert advice. Giulio was a great guide all around and easy to talk to (he speaks fluent American English...YAY) I got some fantastic photos and had an overall great experience! If I ever find myself back in Rome, I would definitely do another tour with Giulio!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank DanaeDG
GiulioDercole, Owner at Rome Photo Fun Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2018

Dear Danae,
Thanks a million for your very kind words. I am truly happy the tour we had left a strong impression on you, and even happier that you could go back to the US with memorable memories of your tour in Rome.
I do hope you'll be back in Rome sometime soon and that I could have you taking another tour in order to show you other sides of the eternal city, giving you other photographic tips on how to capture them.
I take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year,

Reviewed December 20, 2018

Giulio provided me with a personalized tour, concentrating on morning light. Giulio prepared a walking tour that provided great subject matter and a lot of flexibility. He is very knowledgeable and eager to help. He provides just the right amount of coaching and gives creative and technical advice. Our tour was a one-of-a-kind experience that was definitely one of the highlights of the trip. My advice to others is to plan for your photo tour early in your itinerary to allow for revisits or the possibility of additional photo tours.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Anthony S
Giulio D, Manager at Rome Photo Fun Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Hello there,
OI am so sorry I have not replied to this email before. I don't know how but your review skipped my attention and for some reason I could not see it. I do apologize for this.
In any case, and even with such a delay, I want to thank you for your very beautiful words and for having sent me a five stars review. I truly appreciate it, as much as I appreciate the fact you enjoyed the tour to the fullest.

Thanks a lot again and best regards,