TripAdvisor
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Rome Photo Fun Tours
from $338.62
More Info
All reviews professional photographer four hours photography workshop night photo tour camera settings great shots amazing photos photography tips street photography planned itinerary his knowledge an unforgettable experience eternal city late at night booked this tour great tour walking tour
Selected filters
Reviewed November 29, 2018

My wife and I had an exceptionally productive tour with Guilio. It was just what we were looking for. Guilio knew exactly where to go and when. He took us to outstandingl vantage points at exactly the right times of day to capture the beauty of Rome. We photographed the usual scenes but from interesting new perspectives, and Guilio also took us to some off-the-tourist-route spots. Although we're pretty experienced photographers, Guilio was able to provide us with excellent tips to improve our photo skills. Guilio is also an informed, pleasant person to spend a day with. We returned from Rome with quite a few stunning photos thanks to Guilio.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank jjlangdon
GiulioDercole, Owner at Rome Photo Fun Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Dear John and Lorraine,

I am truly glad you enjoyed the tour we had together, and also the fact you appreciated the timing of the itinerary. It was a true pleasure walking with you and sharing with you my photographic knowledge. Your kind words make me feel the workshops I provide are truly useful and informative, and your satisfaction with the result is the best reward I can ask for.
I take this opportunity to wish you an early merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Best regards and thanks again,

Reviewed November 29, 2018 via mobile

I am an Italian living in Australia. Last August I went back to Italy after many years and I wanted to enjoy Rome photographing its beauty, and to be helped by a professional photographer to do that in the best way I could. Some Australian friends told me about Giulio's tours and I booked two tours with him. I saw Rome like I never saw it before!!! The empty squares in the early morning, the beautiful monuments photographable in the right light, the art..... and then Rome by night. Giulio took me to every and each place in a very well planned itinerary. I feel I didn't miss one thing. And not only that! He was very keen in giving me all the right tips to use my camera and the settings to play with light and angles.... some of the shoots I took then are now printed and framed on my wall. Truly two memorable tours! Thanks Giulio

Date of experience: November 2018
2  Thank Bibsydney2019

Dear Bibi,

I am so very happy that you have some good photo memories of Rome hanging on the walls of your Australian home. As the photographer that gave you the workshop tour in Rome, I can say that there is nothing that can beat that in terms of satisfaction.
I have lived abroad for over 18 years, first in NY and then in Africa, and I do know how much one can miss his or her country.... so having beautiful shots of your own place, and shot by yourself, is a beautiful feeling indeed.
I am glad the tours enabled you to give yourself that very special gift.

Best regards and thanks for your kind words,

Reviewed November 27, 2018

I can't sing enough praise about Giulio's skills as a photography workshop guide. Giulio is so knowledgeable. He will guide you to the best shots in Rome (and also to some really awesome neighborhood Italian restaurants away from the tourist areas). If you want his inputs on your shots, he's eager to provide it, but he won't intrude if you prefer to do your shots on your own.

I am also so impressed with Giulio as a person. He has led an amazing life and is simply fun to hang with! Truly someone with his heart in the right place. I could talk with him for hours about his experiences doing humanitarian photography in Africa and about photography as an art form in general.

In short, I wholeheartedly recommend Rome Photo Fun Tours.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Gary S
GiulioDercole, Owner at Rome Photo Fun Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2018

Dear Gary,
Thanks a lot for your very flattering review. I am appreciating every word of it, and I want to thank you sincerely for all the beautiful things you wrote. It was a pleasure for me too to spend the morning with you, sharing thoughts, opinions about photography and life experiences. You surely are an excellent photographer and it was great to see you enjoying the tour, making the best out of it.
I do hope to see you again in Rome sometime soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2018

Dear Giulio was so inspirational and patient with his tuition of us two. An early morning start was great for the light and serenity of the sites we visited. No crowds and no rush made for a great experience and provided a good opportunity to appreciate the beauty and personalities in some well chosen sites.The photos still today provide us with momentos that bring to life the atmosphere of that morning in Rome.
I am certain others, like us, would truly appreciate Guilio' s photography skill, perception of the subject at hand and love of Rome.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank ChristchurchStewarts

OMG!, your review is so very good!! Thanks a million for your kindness. I am happy you did enjoy the early morning tour, appreciating the beauty of the eternal city and of is empty street. It is always fulfilling to share the knowledge I have of my home town seen through the Art of photography, and I am glad that the tour you took with me generated good photographic memories you can share with your families and friends.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2018

I did a combined night and morning tour with Rome Photo Fun Tours, so that I could get photos without the crowds. It worked! Giulio is a multi-talented guide. First, he organized a great tour including some of the city's most iconic sites as well as some spots I wouldn't have found on my own. Second, he is a skilled photographer and provided excellent tips on composition and camera settings. And, he shared fascinating information about the places we visited. Overall, it was a fun and fantastic photo experience!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Cindy4030

Dear Cindy,
Thanks a lot for your wonderful compliments and for the many words of appreciation you have spent not only for my skills as a photographer, but also for my ability as a guide. As you might remember, I told you that my background is in TV and Documentary-making, as a director-producer, therefor I take a lot of pleasure in organizing the right tours for my clients, tailoring them also on their needs and requests. My greatest reward is when that pleasure reflects in my clients happiness, Thanks again Cindy and I do hope to see you in Rome soon.