“Fantastic Food”

Felice
Ranked #626 of 12,165 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Testaccio
Bath
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

On a recent visit to Rome a local took us to this restaurant. The food was fabulous for such an unpretentious restuarant. It was filled with locals which is always a good sign. Apparently it gets booked up early which is understandable

1 Thank Derek S

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must be kidding me”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I live very close to this place. Me and my friend went here for a dinner meal. For the first time. I already heard this is an overrated place, but wanted to try for ourselves. We were sat for a table for two, elbow to elbow with other pair of customers. A whisper will be heard and its annoying that there isnt a time for privacy. Oh! Its just got started there! The waiters looked like they are working in the fields, a black unironed shirt, the man waiter walks back and forth speaking in different languages impressing the japanese pair beside us. It was fine at first but he went blah blah blah to them all the way. We can hear them giggling. Oh so pathetic! Did not leave them alone whole time. He showed like he was drunk that night, so hyper and walks by every second checking on our table. Me and my friend couldnt even speak to each other without him passing by and sticking his head by our table. So annoying! And very unprofessional.

We ordered caccio e pepe and carbonara (even a normal italian would know how to cook this), we tried this simple dish to see how good they are. But also got disappointed. The caccio e pepe was so nothing but normal, not even tasting so special. My carbonara was served cold and didn even tasted that good. I have tasted better carbonara n other restaurants around testaccio.

We ordered second course, the abbachio, it was also served cold and with pieces of potatoes... Arggh! I was so disappointed!

We have ordered a 20 euro wine, that was okay, though the price is much higher than normal.

I want to kill myself when the waiter started mixing the caccio e pepe served to us, and also the other table, he mixed it like he was mixing a cement! Sound of fork like swords. This waiters treats everyone like idiots and expects us to be impressed by their food and service. They thought we dont know how the roman cooking is done and never tasted one.

He was obviously drunk that night, and he looks dirty and unprofessional,

A the end, i didnt finish any of my food. Felt disappointed all throughout.

We paid 99 euro after the meal. I have eaten in a lot of restaurants, but this is so mediocre.

Italians and tourists who goes here are eater trapped or goes here just for the status.

But please, if you are hoping for good food, go elsewhere, there are much better places than this overated place.

We will never come back again.
Not even going to recommend this place.
Not even if this is the last restaurant on earth.

Go and see for yourself if you do not believe me, get ripped off is the motto of this restaurant.

Goodluck to. Fellow eaters!

My ratings are all "terrible" because its the most honest rating to give them.

Berkeley, California
“Mediocrity”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Mediocrity is the best description for this self-impressed place where the owner/staff seems to think they are running a 5 star restaurant. Folks, this is just plain ordinary Roman food. And there are lots of other places that make it just as well if not better and they are places where tourists, and particularly if you are traveling alone, are treated with civility.

Sofia, Bulgaria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We made a reservation for lunch here when we found out that dinner was booked through the nights we would be in town. The food is excellent! We each tried the Cacio e pepe, which is rich but so delicious, and we shared a "classic" tiramisu with coffee for dessert. The tiramisu was unlike any other I've had, but outstanding. The service was friendly, if a little rushed. It also became clear that italians, or those who they assumed spoke fluent Italian, had a different range of options from the menu we were given, which was in Italian with English translations. They were out of some things on our menu, but we later saw lots of dishes we hadn't heard about going to big tables of families lunching. Anyway, we were happy with our meal and with the quality of everything we were served. Highly recommend for lunch or dinner if you're in or near Testaccio! Definitely make a reservation a few days in advance, if you can.

BOLOGNA ITALY
“THIS IS HEAVEN - NO MORE, NO LESS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I ate at Felice for the third time some days ago. We had, in the past, some very good experiences there. But, time passing, they don't change quality, but they - if possible - improve taste! My husband had the usual (wonderful) CACIO E PEPE - simply the best in Rome, that means in the world. And I had FETTUCCINE AI CARCIOFI, with exquisite GUANCIALE. I can assure to you all that i never ate a pasta like this anywhere! Nor at home! And I'm italian, my mother is italian, you know what I mean? Then we had POLPETTE (meat ball) AL SUGO: delicious! No room enough for a dessert, but the most fantastic dinner you folks can experience in Rome. Go for it!

• Visited October 2012

Been to Felice? Share your experiences!