“Best Meal in Rome...”

Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Tampa, Florida
“Best Meal in Rome...”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We found this restaurant by accident after walking around the city looking for a place a bit off the touristy beaten path. And we were so glad we did! This was by far the best meal we had in Rome, and we didn't feel like we were stuck in a tourist trap. The artichoke pasta with white wine was divine, and I have craved it ever since! The weather was beautiful, so we ate outside and simply enjoyed the food and atmosphere. If you're in the area, and looking for a tasty meal, I would definitely stop in here.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kimberly W

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Unique”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Being in Rome once a month due to business,discovered this place randomly while walking close to St Peter...what a pleasant surprise!
This longtime family owned restaurant (the lady who owns the place told me it has been opened by her dad at end of WW2) is a place where locals and (lucky) tourists shoulder to shoulder can enjoy food from both Roman and Tuscan traditions.
Quality of food is amazing,although service can be slow at busy times,but it is worth waiting!!
This place is definitely a must.

Liege, Belgium
“Long service, pizza OK”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stopped here for lunch, hoping for a quick service because of the few customers. We were disappointed. The young waiter was slightly clueless, having to ask several times for our drinks or the check.
The pizzas were alright, but nothing exceptional.

• Visited November 2013
tucson, az
“Very Mediocre”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

There are so many good restaurants in Rome and we have been to many of them during our 2 weeks in Rome.
That is why it was so frustrating to waste an evening dining here. The food was so nondescript and the service almost nonexistent. We ordered their special for the evening spaghetti with mussels and clams. Pasta just ok, mussels were not great with lots of empty shells. We also ordered a mixed salad. It was brought with ordinary vinegar. I asked about Balsamic which was finally brought out. The salad was very average with unripe tomatoes. I asked if they had any tomatoes that were ripe and then they brought out a plate of tomatoes which were a little better.
No one asked if we enjoyed our food which is usually done in most restaurants here.
This was by far our worst dinner in Rome.

• Visited November 2013
Carol Stream, Illinois
“Was drawn to this restaurant...”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was drawn to this restaurant by a single menu item, fried zucchini flowers. My mother makes them every summer and they are one of my favorite dishes. I had nver seen them on a restaurant menu before, so I had to try. I was not disappointed the zucchini flowers were great as was everything else ordered by our group of 6. The wait staff and service was very good as well. Definalty worth a meal if you are visiting Rome.

• Visited October 2013