There were so many things we loved about this place I hardly know where to start. Here goes!
1. Amazing hosts: Kate, Sam and their team should actually write a book on how to make people feel welcome and at home while travelling - in two months of travelling through some great places, this was our top customer service experience. On arrival, Sam sat down and talked us through a map of top tourist attractions, how to get around, recommendations of favourite eateries (we tried some and agree with their recommendations!) and other useful information. They also advised which attractions to book in advance and helped with bookings. When we were leaving and it was pouring with rain, Sam dropped us to the train station himself. They also went to extreme lengths to help us deal with a courier company to retrieve an item misplaced earlier in the trip. I won't go into detail, suffice to say they went beyond the call of duty and then just kept on going....
2. Apartments: we took a terrace studio apartment, which was spacious, modern and very clean and had a large terrace looking out over a tree-covered hillside - the perfect place to relax with a glass of wine after a hard day's sight-seeing. The kitchen has everything you need to whip up a few good meals if like us you don't want to eat out every meal. The apartments are in a renovated block set around a nice courtyard with a fountain and resident terrapins.
3. Sleep quality: quiet neighbourhood, good sound insulation, quiet aircon and comfy beds - ten hours anyone?
4. Location: this apartment is in a friendly and not over-touristed neighbourhood a few stops on the metro from central Rome. The metro is about ten minutes walk and there are buses not far from the apartments as well. There is also a decent supermarket nearby. If you are only in Rome for 1-2 days or if you like to party all night you might want something more central, but we would definitely recommend this place for families and people who want to be close to the centre but still relax a bit.
5. Value for money: bluntly, nothing in Rome is cheap, but we thought that this place was great value for money.
Overall, highly recommended and we would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently opened in the summer of 2009 following a complete restoration. AURELIA VATICAN APARTMENTS is the perfect choice for your stay in Rome.Conveniently located just 2 km from the Vatican City and only minutes by bus or Metro (Line A “Valle Aurelia”) to famous landmarks such as; St.Peter’s Basilica, Castel Sant’ Angelo, Spanish Steps,Trevi Fountain, Piazza del Popolo, Villa Borghese and Termini (Rome’s central train station).Our luxury apartment offer guests all the comforts of home; including fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, satellite LCD TV, Wi-Fi / LAN internet connections, stylish bathrooms and modern furnishings. With balconies providing views overlooking the elegant, flower decorated, Roman inspired courtyard.Situated in one of Rome’s central neighborhoods, close to cafés, restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacies, banks, parks and churches, parking facilities are also available to guests. AURELIA VATICAN APARTMENTS boasts a classic Roman architectural façade, stylishly contrasted by modern and sleek interiors. The elegantly designed restoration enables our guests to become immersed in the true Roman experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aurelia Vatican Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurelia Vatican Apartments Hotel Rome