“Rome illuminated”

Rome Illuminated Guided Tours
Ranked #161 of 770 Tours in Rome
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Top-rated, engaging tours of the Vatican and beyond. We are a small team of passionate, expert guides and we all have one common goal: to help you make the most of your visit! Wherever you'd like us to take you, you'll avoid the lines and the crowds, you'll be engaged and inspired, you'll relax, laugh and learn. We know you're here on vacation and our tours are designed with that in mind. Whether you join us for a planned tour or a custom-tailored outing, we will turn your visit into an extraordinary experience!
Madison, Mississippi
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Rome illuminated”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Well worth it. We had a great guide, Kristian, who was very informative. It was a great way to spend a few hours and going at night made it even better. Highly recommend this especially if you arrive into Rome during the day. Take a short nap, go out about 6 and then have dinner after the tour.

2 Thank AllOver1

Ormond Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

If you have never been to Rome before or even if you have,I highly recommend Rome Illuminated Guided Tours. They are so attentive to the details in the history behind what you are seeing that it takes you back in time. You can mentally see and feel what it was like in old Rome. Evan you have a great passion and it comes thru in your company! I am coming back with my husband in May.. I'll be calling and booking you up soon!!! Arrivederci amico mio!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience - Simplify Can't Forget About It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Wanted to thank Evan who guided us through the city's main points in 6 hours. His passion, enthusiasm and knowledge of every piece of architecture, paintings, locations was contagious to your minds and whole being in a good sense, The rich history of Rome becomes vivid and alive! It simply broaden knowledge and horizon in so many dimensions. We absolutely would not be able to accomplish without this personal guided tour. It is not a spurge..... but a necessity.

Well, I found the email communication was clear and tailored to our needs perfectly.

1 Thank Dorcas T
Sumner, Washington
“Amazing Tour Guides in Rome, Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

During a recent trip to Rome, we scheduled some tours with Rome Illuminated Guided Tours. What a phenomenal group of people!! Through many email conversations prior to the trip, Evan and I made a list of everything I wanted to see while we were there (it was our first visit to Rome). Evan personalized everything and gave us the opportunity to see so much of this beautiful city. Evan, Kristian, and Vicenzo were absolutely amazing! They were extremely knowledgeable of the city and its rich history and their story-telling was mesmerizing and out of this world!! You could close your eyes and feel like you were literally back in time. I loved every minute of the time we spent together. The walks around the city showed us breathtaking buildings and art, the food was fabulous, and the gentleman guiding us through this beautiful city were phenomenal. I can't even tell you what my one favorite thing was because it was all amazing and I loved everything we did. From walks through the Pantheon, Palazzo Colonna, the Coliseum, and the Protestant Cemetery with Evan (only a tidbit of what we saw), to the Food and Market walk with Kristian, to the breathtaking walk through the Vatican with Vicenzo, I was so enthralled and captivated with all of it.
We spent two weeks in Rome and the Greek Isles and I have to say that our visit in Rome was my favorite and we will definitely be back. We made new, amazing friends and I can't wait to see them again!!
Touring with Rome Illuminated Guided Tours is a must-do if life ever finds you in the great city of Rome. Their tours are priced fairly and you more than get your money's worth

Tampa, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Having studied in Rome in the 70's, I felt as though I knew the Eternal City well, but my wife was here on her first visit. Not only did she thoroughly enjoy the personalized tours, I broadened my knowledge immensely. the catacomb tour and underground Rome are highly recommended. I really enjoyed the Vatican tour as well. I'd highly recommend Rome Illuminated for anyone!

Visited July 2013