“...last night in Rome...”
Review of Il Giardino pamphili - CLOSED

Il Giardino pamphili
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was on holiday in Rome for a few days with my friends. the last night we decided to go to a restaurant where we could taste a bit of Italian cuisine..we decided to go to GIARDEN PAMPHILI seeing the comments....just arrived the waiter offered us a welcome prosecco.....We started with an appetizer of fish that had a minimum 12/13 different things like oysters, shrimp, swordfish, tuna, riccotta buffalo, tartare of sea bass, salmon marinat etc....After I tried the pasta with swordfish, eggplant, tomates and pecorino cheese....my friends have tried the risotto with lemon cream, shrimp and saffron from Sardegna ,,,,,main course only a portion in 4 persons because we were really full...no desert but when we will come beack in Rome we will try desert.....the wine was MARANI (VERONA ).. really very very good....I can only say congratulations GIARDINO PAMPHILI and I hope next time I can take a dip in the pool...:) :)

1  Thank mirella i

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

The menu is NOT large and the dishes are small. The prices are a bit more expensive than simular restaurants but the food is a good and a bit better than lots of orther restaurants. Try it but it is NOT a must! Remember to choose 3 dishes otherwise you will leave hungry...
My som at age 8 loved the salmon with potatoes and I Got the taglioni with 4 cheeses which was nice:)

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Oustanding food, we shared a antpasti plate of seafood- which contained the most amazing smoked fish I've ever eaten. I had seabass and my wife had King prawns cooked in hazelnut, both of which was food cooked by angels. The service was first class and we finished our meal with a quatro of desters- all lovingly presented. We came for a special birthday dinner and were not disappointed. Highly recommend. the only thing we disliked was a dog that sat at a table near us, it was a big shocking to see people bring their animals to such a lovely restaurant. we ate outside and soon ignored the dog.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have been very disappointed with this restaurant. We had antipasti imperiale and grilled fish. Both entrees lacked variety,quality and quantity.The dessert menu was poor, too. Understaffed. We will not be there again.

3  Thank romaita
marco u, Proprietario at Il Giardino pamphili, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Romaita, thanks for your review. We like to have somebody that write something negative otherwise our restaurant would seem fake as we have only very good review from our customer from every part of the world!!!
I have just to underline something......you wrote antipast imperiale lacked of variety??? Everybody can see on tripadvisor photo of our imperial starter....if 13 different kind of fish is a lack of variety i have really to change my job!!;-) And also understuffed is very strange......we decided to take care of our customer so every evening no more than 50 cover are allowed to dine with us. For this number of customers we have at least 4 waiters..so it means 1 every 12 customers.....usually in other restaurant/ pizzeria in Rome there is 1 waiter every 40/50 people......
Now the question is...have you really visited our restaurant??
We are always happy to see review on us, for this reason you can send an email to
ilgiardinopamphili@fastwebnet.it to know better when you have eaten in our restaurant .....

Reviewed June 20, 2012

From the friendly smiling faces that greet you when you enter the door, to the fantastic selection of delicious food, this place has it all. We tried several dishes during our week long stay in Rome and enjoyed them all. And the cappuccinos were awesome. This restaurant is a must when in Rome.