“Perfect choice for an overnight in Rome”
Review of UNA Hotel Roma

UNA Hotel Roma
Ranked #100 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was spending one night in Rome on my way home from Tuscany and needed to get to Fiumincino early in the morning. I needed to be close to the train station as I was arriving from Tuscany by train and would be catching a train to the airport in the morning. The hotel is literally a 3 minute walk from the station.

The hotel itself is lovely. The guest rooms are beautifully decorated. Very moder, lots of marble, light colors, good quality linens and bedding. Bathrooms have lovely fixtures, nice products and are well lit. The windows are double glazed ensuring a quiet night's sleep. Mine faced a courtyard and was silent.

I was able to easily walk to the Spanish steps , piazza Navona etc. After spending a day sightseeing I returned and checked out the many restaurants on the block directly behind the hotel. I had a nice meal at a sidewalk cafe and was perfectly comfortable walking back to hotel alone at night.

As I was leaving before breakfast was served, the hotel packed me a boxed meal which I ordered upon check in at no extra cost. I made the 6:50am train to the airport and arrived feeling completely relaxed.

Thank you Hotel Una for making my day in Rome an enjoyable one. I highly recommend this, especially for women traveling alone. I felt safe and secure and really enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank fheller

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Beautifully appointed hotel in great location close to transport, tourist attractions and numerous restaurants. Very helpful and friendly staff. Delicious breakfast offering large choice of options. Would stay again when in Rome

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is in an extremely handy location for those needing quick access to the Termini Rome main train station. We got a pretty good deal although not as good as promised due to priceline.com. More of that at the end for anyone interested.

This is a 4 star hotel of fairly new construction. The decor is of fairly modern chrome and white variety which may not please some who prefer an older style hotel with lots of timber trim as might be appropriate in an old city like Rome. The room was a little on the small side in particular between the front of the bed and the opposite wall which could have been less of a problem had they not put a 4 to 6 inch thick headboard at the top of the bed which took up a lot of that space unnecessarily.

Otherwise the bed was really comfortable and bathroom quite spacious and really well fitted out. The hotel appear to have been renovated recently and was in tiptop condition.

The included breakfast was really good and certainly of a four-star standard. It is a little bit of a walk to the major Rome sights but quite doable for anyone with moderate fitness or more. It was great to be able to roll out of there and within 300 m also be at the entrance to the Termini.

The area all around here is not the best particularly at night and it is almost strange to have this kind of hotel here. Previously we have stayed at the hotel Morgana just down the road and if someone would prefer a more traditional older fashion hotel we would recommend that highly also. No chrome and white there.

Having booked through priceline.com for the 1st time we were not pleased that when we got to the hotel the supposedly included free Wi-Fi was not free or included and it was quite apparent from the hotel staff they had had this issue with a number of other people who had booked through priceline.

Upon our return to Australia I went to the trouble of emailing price line to ask them why this had happened and rather than answering my email directly they sent a computer-generated response to call them interstate at my own expense to take the matter further and when I emailed them back to say I had wasted enough time on this matter and I was not pleased they had not responded to my original email I found that it was no response email address so I have let the matter rest has indeed there are more important things to do in life. However I am extremely unlikely to book through priceline.com again specially given that the company I did most of my bookings via I never had a problem with. I will not mention their name lest people think I am just trying to promote them and shaft priceline.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George C
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Very nice modern hotel close to termini station. Only 5mns walk from station. as people already said the Wifi is slow. Thats a shame. Breakfast is amazing. Friendly staff in restaurant! We hifghly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2014

After doing a lot of research and reading a ton of recommendations on Tripadvisor we decided to spend our 5 nights in Rome at UNA - we were not disappointed!

Room: We walked in to a very large and modern room with everything you need. A huge and very comfortable bed, gigantic and modern bathroom (for those who experience problems with the showers, just increase the amount of water pressure before pressing the button to activate the handheld shower head - if you prefer this over the rainfall shower), free safe and overall excellent standards including the daily cleaning.

Location:
The only thing we were a bit worried about was the location. Often hotels near the central station of any city is not recommended, however UNA is placed far enough from Termini - and facing in the right direction - so we experienced absolutely no problems when walking outside after dark. There were always a lot of other tourists around and we at no point felt unsafe.
Rather the location is excellent for exploring the city. We walked everywhere without any problems, in fact the only time we used any public transportation was when we visited the Vatican museums, and that was purely based on saving time. UNA is within 5 minutes of the subway and you will have no problem getting around even if you prefer only walking short distances.
As a bonus the hotel is an excellent choice if you wish for a quick and hassle free trip to Rome airport Fiumicino, it does not get any easier.

Service: We found the service to be of very high standards. We were welcomed by a smiling receptionist that handled the check-in process within a few minutes, our room was always clean upon returning from sightseeing and at breakfast we were always warmly greeted and guided to a vacant table.

Breakfast: The breakfast buffet has quite a bit of selection. Of course you will grow tired of it after a few days, but we always found something we wanted to eat and loved the coffee options and selection of fruit, cakes, youghurt and bakegoods.

All in all I would recommend UNA to anyone going to Rome to enjoy this wonderful city and all it has to offer.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra to get free WIFI, free minibar etc. and this was defnitly good value for mone...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anette O
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Not one of the big International Hotels, but very comfortable. We were amazed to find that "because we booked through 'Booking.com' we were entitled to Free mini-bar (pity I don't drink the beer or coca cola) free internet and breakfast included.

Sure we probably paid for it in the rate and I recall selecting the breakfast offer when we booked it on the web so many months ago - but it was a great start. Rooms are generous, by European standards, very clean and well equipped. Location is very good if you need to use the train (Metro or long distance) as it is 50 metres from the station - with mini marts and taxis all around. Rooms facing inward (at least) are totally quite. It is on the edge of the major shopping and attraction zone which is good and bad. It means you may choose to use the Metro or Taxi to get to your attraction, but it is not as expensive as hotels in the centre. Judging by our experience to date ( 2 days in Rome) it can be quite a hike to most attractions as the city is not exactly 'compact'.

The hotel did not have a 'tourist brochures rack' and the desk had minimal brochures and not a very good knowledge of their city or its trains an attractions. Maybe that is Rome ?
Regardless come prepared to do you own research on the web and it will provide you with the very latest info. and it works well.

Room Tip: Inwards facing room was quiet. Breakfast option was worthwhile
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We chose the UNA hotel as it is close to the train station. It's only a 5 minute walk - all level, no stairs. We are a family of 4 and upgraded to an executive room. We had a single roll-away bed and they made the sofa bed up for us as well. It was very comfortable for a family of 4. Spacious and lovely bathroom with great amenities eg: candles and bath salts. It was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. The restaurant downstairs near the lobby is great for breakfast. There are some great restaurants nearby and loads of shops too. Fabulous hotel - very friendly and helpful reception staff. We'll stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family