“No rating! BAD WORST THEFT HOUSEKEEPER DO NOT STAY!”
Review of UNA Hotel Roma

UNA Hotel Roma
Ranked #105 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Munich, Germany
“No rating! BAD WORST THEFT HOUSEKEEPER DO NOT STAY!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

After I read the reviews of trip advisor about this hotel. I thought it is not a bad hotel to stay. So i am staying here for 3 nights. It is the worst hotel in term of customer services and terrible unreliable customer services I have ever had.

First day when I returned from sightseeing at 6pm. My room was not clean and I have to call down to front desk get the house keeper to clean up.
A lot of you may think ask for a balcony room during check in. Actually there is 10 EURO extra per night and it's not worth because the balcony window is so hard to open and the view is not great.
The hair dryer in the bathroom is so weak like the way you blow a candle. TV doesn't offer English channels. WIFI is bloody slow and the speed like a snail.
Here is the main part. I have all my shopping bags nicely folded put aside near my suitcase. All my suitcase were locked. As for all the used rubbish, soft drink bottle in the bin and next to the bin on the other side. However, some of my famous shopping bags (Chanel with ribbon flowers, GUCCI) were missing after I return on my last day. I immediately call down told the reception. The front desk staff was not helpful and blaming me when did you leave the room and return to room. He keep questioning me few times what if we throw away all of your paper bags. What would I do? He said usually housekeeper throw away the paper bags. All other paper bags were still here except chanel gucci??? That's not what happened and he is trying manipulate the situation. Some other no brand paper bags were still there. Only the famous fashion brand paper bags were missing. It was 8pm already and the front desk said if you like to call the police or you can wait until tomorrow when the manager or housekeeper return tomorrow morning at 8am. I ask for the name of housekeeper did my room. The front desk refuse to give me. That's so bad. I have right to know I am staying here and my stuff are missing from my room. What kind of customer services of UNA offer here? I give no rating to this hotel. I would give -10 star if I can click in this site.

So I suggest please do not stay in this hotel. The staff are jerk and housekeepers are theft! There are many hotel around Rome terminal. Think twice before you book. Do not stay here.

Regards,
SPG platinum and Hyatt Diamond member

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Hyattdiamond
UNAHOTELROMA, Direzione at UNA Hotel Roma, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor. We regret to see that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel; nonetheless, we found the tone of your review exaggerated for the episodes reported. Firstly, we would like to underline that our staff is no jerk nor theft as described by you, quite the contrary, as many reviews indicates, we can assure you that our staff is very friendly and professional at the same time.

We are also very surprised to read your comments about the room as we have checked all the issues listed and everything works well. Concerning the main issue of your "Chanel paper bag", our maid threw it away as she though it was rubbish, being aside the bin with paper and empty bottles. We think it is excessive to call the police, for an empty paper bag.

We have then anyway recovered your shopping bag and returned it to you to find out after your departure that you left it behind.

We are sure that there must have been a misunderstanding and we hope to have the chance to
welcome you back to UNA Hotel Roma in the future.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed in this hotel while visiting Roma. Nothing bad to say about the hotel. Actually, we loved staying at the hotel. The staff were professional and very helpful. The room was very nice and elegant. The breakfast choices were wide and tasted good. For $20 per day, you can have an unlimited internet service and unlimited access to the minibar items. The location of the hotel is very close to the transit stations, therefore, very easy access to taxi, bus as well as trains. Only two minor drawbacks: no coffee maker in the room and the hotel is reluctant in providing more than one bathrobe even though there's more than one registered guest in the room. Other than that...it is an EXCELLENT hotel and we highly recommend it. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Damien888
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here over our Christmas holiday in Italy. From our first moments at the hotel to the last we were treated with fantastic service. We arrived early on Christmas morning after a long trip fro the states, and the staff kindly had a room ready for us.From helping us select a restaurant that would be open for dinner Christmas night, to helping us with bus and train routes, the front desk staff were always cheerful and kind. .

The rooms are spacious and clean, and the breakfast buffet is the best I've ever had. Thank you UNA for making our holiday a safe, clean and luxurious experience!

My only recommendation would be to include free WiFi in the nightly fee instead of making it an add on.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly M
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Una in Rome was a very nice experience.
Hotel in a very central position, staff helpful, very clean and a very big buffet breakfast. Rooms are quite reasonably big with a big flat screen TV. It,s position very close to the Termini train station makes it a must to stay in.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Anthony S
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We are staying on the 5th floor in a twin room, room is small, but for us it is not a problem. Bathroom is clean and spacious, but 4 star hotel charging 10€!!! For 2hour wi-fi connection?! This is ridiculous, our friends staying in the hotel couple of blocks away with wi-fi for 3€ per 24hours. And connection is very low.
Walls in the room are a bit dirty and with some scratches after the previous guests i suppose.
Termini is literally 3 min away

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank E_Volkova
Sydney
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in December due to tripadvisor reviews and the fact that the hotel is located 1 block from the main Termini station.

First impression was very poor. Lots of staff around but no one assisted us with checkin for around 5 minutes!! No one showed us where the lift was so we wandered around aimlessly looking for it. Reception staff barely bothered showing us a map of rome.

Room was pleasant but characterless given Rome is a city with so much history. The hotel provides no kettle! I can understand a 3* hotel having not kettle but surely a 4* would if you asked for one???

Overall - poir value for money. Much preferred our previous boutique 4* hotel.

1 Thank MeowMui
UNAHOTELROMA, Direzione at UNA Hotel Roma, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor, our guests' comments are always of great help in order to improve the quality of our service.

We regret to see that in this case our personnel at front office didn't meet in full your expectations, we can assure you that our staff is constantly trained in order to be helpful and efficient, even in the particularly busy situation you might have experienced.

We are also sorry to learn that you didn't appreciate the modern and elegant design that characterizes UNA Hotel Roma. Since our aim is to offer a highly customized service, we provide different solutions of stay to our guests, from our Classic Room to our Suite Deluxe. In particular, tea and coffee making facilities are available in all our Executive Rooms and Suites: our reception staff is at your complete disposal to inform you about the different upgrade formulas available.

Hoping to welcome you again soon as our guest, best regards.
Aachen, Germany
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The rooms were luxurious and spacious - and quiet ! Close to the central main station and within walking distance to the main attractions I wanted to visit. Breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent as well. I do not watch television but it may disturb you that there were no English or foreign language channels - not even the usual news channels. Conference rooms were adequate but without daylight and with a weird policy that only water was allowed in the room due to the risk of damaging some expensive carpet - which would then be for the replacement of the company that organized the event. It is almost impossible to control what delegates bring into the room after the coffee break so this may stress anyone who would organize an event in this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Geegas

thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience with other travellers on trip advisor.

Our Hotel is centrally located near the Termini Station, very convenient for business and leisure travellers. As in your case if you would like to visit the city centre, in fact from the hotel you can easily reach Trevi Fountain, Colosseum, Piazza di Spagna and many other important historic monuments in very short time.

We are sorry to hear your concern about TV channels just now as we indeed have all the main foreign channel such as CNN, BBC, TV5, TVE, ZDF but if you would have asked for assistance one of our Reception officer would have been more than pleased to give you all the necessary instruction.

We take this opportunity to also inform you that our property counts of 3 meeting rooms of approximately 70 square meters each with natural light and other 2 minor rooms of 30 square meters each with artificial lighting. As you have noticed the predominance colour of our conference department is wood and white and this is the reason why we do not allow any food to be introduced to the meeting room in respect of every of our guest that rents an immaculate room.

We do hope to have the chance to welcome you back to UNA Hotel Roma in the future and we thank you once again for your valued patronage

Kind regards,