“Be Spoiled”

Ranked #106 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Vancouver, Canada
“Be Spoiled”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was chosen because we had just done the 4 star hotel near the Trivi Fountain which left us looking for a newer, larger room maybe not right in the thick of things but similar access to the highlights of Rome. The difference being this time we were right by a Rome metro and could get to almost any sight within the same time frame but easier on the feet and heat. Now for the hotel, such a great choice, can't think where to start, the room , the breakfast, lobby bar, clean and luxurious , quiet, friendly and helpful staff good wi-fi and access to the Train Station cannot be beat. The savings here is no need for a taxi to and from the airport , use the Leonardo Express and save $$$.

Room Tip: We were given a room at the back which proved to be very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gogogal55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for our last night during our recent short break in Italy. It's a lovely modern hotel with very comfortable rooms and really convenient for the railway station. We enjoyed our stay very much and found the reception and bar staff very helpful. In the morning we were going to Tivoli Gardens by the 7.25 am train so we went down to the dining room sharp to see if we could have some breakfast ( included in our pre paid room rate) . The breakfast was beautifully laid out but no one there so we helped ourselves to a glass of orange and bowl of cereal because that,s all we had time for. As we ate, two staff came out and told us we shouldn't be having breakfast as it wasn't 7 am. I explained our situation but they didn't seem to take heed but still said we shouldn't be there. We found it very strange to getting involved in a heated discussion with dining room staff over an innocent mistake and being just 10 mins early. Just before 7 am the manageress who was very nice and professional came along so I explained to her and apologised for our mistake. If you need an early breakfast be sure to ask in advance.

2 Thank scottishbluebell_11
Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and my daughter. I was very disappointed with the behaviour of some of the reception people. I was staying there alone for business and my family joined me in the middle of week. The reception called at midnight and wake up the whole family because they wanted to have a look at my wife and daughter passeport. I indicated that i would bring the passeport early in the morning but they refused. I had to dress up and go down. They were very arrogant. Big tourist groups (tour operators) stay in this hotel: many timeste cold when I stayed in this hotel last year. I thought that it was an exception due to one or two people without a great experience. But this year it was worst. I will avoid such a bad experience in this hotelnext time I will be in Rome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 81Phil2013
UNAHOTELROMA, Vice Direttore at UNA Hotel Roma, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at UNA Hotel Roma, we appreciate you dedicating lot of time to share your last experience on different websites, and we feel sorry that, as repeated guest, you did not share with the web community your first positive experience in our hotel.

First of all the reservation you have made for your family was done for 2 adults instead of 3 people, and this circumstance caused misunderstanding in the allocation of the room. Upon arrival we have tried to clarify this situation and we have given you a larger room in order to set the bed for your daughter, and no supplement was charged to you

During your first check in we have registered you with your passport and informed you about the necessity to receive the passports of you family when they arrived in the hotel in order to check them in; surely you are aware that in Italy by national law every person needs to be registered upon check in, with a valid identification document.

Your family did not check in at the hotel and did not gave us any documents, putting us in risk with the national law.

We are sure that we have called you in the room after 10 minutes you returned, because our receptionist checked the electronic key door system before calling.

Our hotel works very well with all the type of clientele, leisure and business from all around the world, we do not make any discrimination on this, as we deliver the same service and our goal is to offer a memorable experience to everyone, as you can see from thousands of reviews on the web.

We hope to have once again the chance to welcoming you to our hotel in order to show you our great level of service.

Best regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My fiance and I took a gamble staying at the UNA Hotel in Rome, and it definitely was worth it. We stayed at here for 3-nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is a 4-star hotel with a 5-star experience.

Upon arrival, we were told that our room was not yet ready, and given a restaurant recommendation around the corner for lunch. We were given an upgrade from the superior room to a suite, which was fantastic. Very spacious and equipped with all the modern facilities you could possibly need, including tea making facilities, free Wi-Fi, a pillow menu and temperature control. The bed was very comfortable, so much so that we struggled to get up in the morning.

The bathroom modern with both a standard hand-held and rain-water shower head. The bath and shower products provided were of high quality.

Breakfast consisted of quite a selection of pastries, juices and eggs.

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Location was two streets away from Termini and a short 10-15minute walk to the Spanish Steps, Quattro Fontana, and approximately 15-20mins to all the main sights, including the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Constitution Hill.

While the surrounding area is quite touristy, which made finding good restaurants rather tricky, I would recommend the UNA Hotel as a great base to explore Rome.

1 Thank RiavS
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at the Una Roma Hotel at the beginning of may 2013, this is a great hotel. I was given a room on the 5th floor and was amazed at how nice the room was, as ive never stayed at an Una Hotel. The Front Desk Personnel were very helpful and gave me a map of the area and told me the best places to get around to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank POP134
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Location - great 2 minutes from termini station (central station in rome)
Service - absolutely great every person of the hotel staff was happy to assist and help from the luggage person trough the reception housekeeping etc.
Room - great room clean and all is new, no free internet in all rooms
Breakfast - very fine breakfast, all the waiters are cleaning and taking off plates from tables every few minutes they are checking that everything is ok, the food was nice.
the one thing that i have noticed is that there is a side of the hotel that the tram is driving very nearby so there is an annoying noise to the rooms on this side we had the room on the other side and it was very quiet.

if i will visit rome again i wil defiantly stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: the one thing that i have noticed is that there is a side of the hotel that the tram is driving very...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Englewood, New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights in late May 2013. I had stayed at a different hotel in the area 2 years ago and was trying to get in there again but the rates were higher. I researched further and found the Una Roma Hotel. All the reviews for this hotel were great so, for about the same (increased) price as the other hotel I was trying to book, I decided to book at this hotel for our trip. I am really glad that I made that decision. This hotel is definitely one of the best hotels in the Termini area. It's just one block from the exit of the train station! So convenient and less cumbersome when you are walking from the station with your suitcases. As another poster had stated, this hotel was clearly upgraded without sparing any expense. The hotel has a modern simplicity boutique feel. The staff at the front desk were all very helpful, our luggage was taken care of and quickly stowed until we can check in. My husband and I ventured out into the city during the day and came back at night to check in. We did the paperwork in the morning so only had to collect our room keys. Our room faced the courtyard which I was thankful for since there have been some comments about noise in rooms facing the street. We had a standard room which I thought was bigger than your normal European standard room. Everything was upgraded - from the exterior door handle (leather) to the window curtains and hardware. Walls were basic white but the wood accents were gorgeous. The bathroom was also very well-appointed. Huge rain shower heads, vanity was updated. Room had enough closet and drawer space. I liked that the drawers were incorporated in the closet which allowed more room in the bedroom space. Sometimes those drawers can take up a lot of space. The beds were alright - nothing to rave about. We did get a good night's sleep for all 3 nights so have nothing to complain about. The hotel has a bar and a main restaurant. There were conference rooms as well (not sure how many) so it would be ideal for corporate events. We used the bar one night - a bit on the small side and is enclosed. Would have preferred a more open bar to give the space a more roomy feel. They had some bar buffet set-up as well which cost some euros (not sure how much). The restaurant is as pictured on their website. We did not dine there at all other than for breakfast. Breakfast fare was very good - eggs, sausages and italian bacon. Wide range of continental fare and sweets! Service is very attentive - from the front desk to their restaurant wait-staff. Most hotels in Italy start breakfast at 7 a.m. and I agree that this may be somewhat on the late side for many travellers. A 6:30 a.m. start would be better to allow for guests who are leaving early to have breakfast and not have to worry about getting breakfast at the hotel or the terminal. This is not just at UNA Hotel though - this was the case in every hotel that we stayed in. They opened at exactly 7 a.m. though so guests were not waiting until after the appointed opening time.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again - great experience with them. Would look them up now whenever I am travelling to other cities in Italy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard for less noise.