3,339 results
All reviewstrain stationsuperior roomgreat hotelmodern hotelnear terminifree mini barrain showerleonardo expressbreakfast buffetconvenient locationpastrieshop on hop off busmain stationhotel restaurantaround the cornertrevi fountainspanish steps
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Lets start by the area; dodgy and dangerous to say the least. After three days my wife and I were lucky to be alive. Crooks and thugs in every inch around the hotel and Termini station after 20:00. Average (even though clean; I give them that) reception and staff that gave the impression that couldn't care less about the customer or about anything that was going on around them. The welcome was pretty average but the first impressions from the room were very good: god size, very clean, wooden floor, immaculate bathroom but the room was SOOOO COLD that not even a polar bear could sleep there. The aircon was fixed at 21 degrees in November! Yes, in November..I am not joking. We of course complained only for the non-caring staff to say that this is a good temperature and we shouldn't feel cold. From when is the staff's job to judge whether a customer rightly feels cold or hot or whatever? Their job is to help resolving problems and nothing else. It is obvious that management absolutely forgot to train their staff; needless to say that management was non-existent even when I asked to speak to them. I was told off (!) by the receptionist as unreasonable! These things are beyond this world and shouldn't even be happening to 2* hotels. I wonder how they got their 4* rating and thsi will remain a mystery to me! I noticed that the hotel had security at the entrance; why??? Nobody would ever go in. Why go sleep in the hotel when its nicer and warmer outside even in November month????? Am I the unreasonable here???? Seriously if you have respect for yourself find somewhere else to stay in Rome.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Klidimos
UNAHOTELROMA, VICE DIRETTORE at UNA Hotel Roma, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear Mr.Klidimos

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience with other travellers on tripadvisor.
Our Hotel is centrally located near the Termini Station, very convenient for business and leisure travellers.
As every city’s railway station area may not be the nicest one, and to guarantee the safety of our guest, a security person has been enrolled even though we did not have any unpleasant episode happening so far

We are very sorry for the inconvenience occurred with your room temperature .
I have communicated your most unfortunate situation with the relevant department heads who are investigating all the issues raised, and these will be addressed with their teams as a matter of priority.
UNA Hotels & Resort gives customer care top priority and we do regret for not accomplishing our goal to make your stay as pleasant as you exepected, and we inteded it to be.
We also hope to have the occasion to welcome you again as our guest and let you enjoy your stay at Una hotel Roma.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Overall I have to say this hotel was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was simple but excellent in terms of choice and quality of produce. Room service was expensive and a little bland.

As a guide you can walk to most of the major historical attractions in under 20 - 30 minutes. The metro is very close (2 minutes) and this will get you to the Vatican in
under 10 minutes...(The Vatican being the furthest historical site away from this hotel).

The internet access was very expensive but they did offer full day or logon/logoff plans. 60eu for 3 full days or 18eu for 6 hours on demand.

The staff were mostly helpful but definitely only did as much as they had too. We lost our bag at the airport (we don't speak Italian) and there was no help contacting the airport for us. We asked reception but really ended up having to do it our selves as we could tell it wasn't something the staff wanted to do or made us feel comfortable that they would handle it well for us.

If you're new to Italy, don't expect to get any movie channels on the TV either. Italian hotels just don't seem to think there's a market for it. This hotel is no exception...but then, Rome is too beautiful to be stuck in a hotel room watching movies I quess...unless you're a kid!

There's no gym and this part of the city doesn't really lend itself to running routes either, so if you're an exercise freak, probably look elsewhere I think.

We did have a good experience when we bought some expensive wine at the hotel. The waiter arranged a small lunch for us which we didn't have to pay for. I nice touch but probably due to the price of the wine.

There's no iron or coffee facilities in the room either. There was also no hair conditioner either. The room we had was also very small. Difficult to navigate with 2 bags as the bed took up most of the available space.

All in all I think most people would be comfortable at this hotel...but it's unlikely to leave an indelible memory if you know what I mean.

3  Thank Don S
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The hotel is very close to Roma Termini if you know the way. If you are coming to town by bus, you will need to walk much longer because the bus stop on the other side of the train station. The room is clean and of moderate size. At first they try to give me a room on the ground floor and I request a higher level one, which end up is a good experience. I don't know why hotel keep giving the worst room to customer first. I got a very bad experience in another hotel not refusing a room at low level. The breakfast is very good. Only bad is the bathroom shower. There is just a curtain and nothing define the shower area. So water is spilling everywhere. There is no English TV channel. Internet is at a very high cost. You can go to some internet places on the nearby sheet. Only 1.5 euro 30 minutes. There are McDonald everywhere but the free WIFI is not available for tourist because it requires you to register a local phone #.

Room Tip: Go for high level room
1  Thank WWWilliam
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the UNA Hotel Roma for two nights. We selected this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is new and modern with lots of glass, chrome, and high tech features. Our room was small, but very efficient with a large bathroom, a good bed and adequate storage space, room safe, etc. The room and all of the public areas were very clean. While it is located on a busy street, the room was very quiet. Breakfast was included in the price. Breakfast is served in a large, attractive dining room and features an attractive bountiful breakfast buffet with a good selection of hot and cold items. The quality of the food was only marginal.

One of the advantages for us was the helpful front desk staff who were always willing to make recommendations, dinner reservations, provide maps, etc. The hotel is located only a short block from Termini station which is Rome's main train station and also a hub for all local public transportation. It has a large variety of shops, atm, and other tourist services. We read several comments about the area around Termini being unsafe, but we never felt uncomfortable there. The area is home to a large number of immigrants from India, North Africa, and a mix of others. The area is not a slum, but not very attractive. We walked to some very good local restaurants at night and never had a problem on the busy streets.

Compared with other Rome hotels we considered, I think the UNA Hotel Roma is an excellent choice. If it was located in a more attractive neighborhood, it would be a superior hotel.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We spend 4 nights in Una Hotel Rome this week. We were overall satisfied. The room was a small, but clean and comfortable. The only problem was the noise of the tram which was passing by the Hotel every 10-20 minutes, but it was not that bad..

The breakfast was excellent, the staff kind and helpful.

What I did not like at all was the lack of free internet, still many hotels are requesting payment, and Una Rome is one of them. The next time I will choose another hotel with free internet access, for me it is as important as breakfast included.

T.Gurkok

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of tram way..
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family