“Get the Granita Con Panna!”

La Casa del Caffe Tazza d Oro
Ranked #3 of 157 Coffee & Tea in Rome
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Colonna
Memphis, Tennessee
“Get the Granita Con Panna!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

In my husband's words: “The granita con panna is honestly the best cold coffee I have ever had. The slushy like drink is made of what appears to be iced espresso, sugar, and non sweet whipped cream. The iced coffee by itself is tasty but when mixed with the cream it becomes a sort of frappuccino type drink with a far superior flavor. I hope I see more of these in my future.”

And don't worry, he did see more in his future... we came back the next day!

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Terrible experience ”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I went for the famed coffee and it was terribly sour. I assumed it was a mistake, asked for them to remake it, and they refused. I walked out without drinking any more. I went to Sant Eustachio instead which is just around the corner. Their espresso was excellent.

3 Thank Stevennnn
Estonia
“Best coffee in town”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

After reading few reviews about coffee shops in Rome, it was easy to understand that Tazza D'Oro must be one of top's.
So, decision made to visit, and there was no disappointment - you can smell excellent coffee shop from the door already. Espresso is very good, also macciatos and cappuccinos. Staff is pro and friendly and ultrafast.
Be sure to see the Pantheon across the square, before you take some freshly roasted beans with you :)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Henry M
Waterloo, Belgium
“Loveliest Cappucino and cheapest!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

In our maiden trip to Roma, we were suggested not to miss Tazza D'Oro.
And we didnot miss it then, but now we do it whenever we think of the best cup of cappucino . Would you believe a medium size cup costs 1.25 Euro and so delicious. The fuys at counter are passionate about making coffee cup one after other, they also keep very good quality biscuits, cakes, etc.
Would like to return there sure!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank VivekAnand73
Brooklyn
“Brilliant! If you love coffee, you can't miss this.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Terrific coffee. It's a bit hard to order with vague and/or no explanations of what the coffee offerings are, but the ones I tried are delicious. The granita is particularly good and I'll remember it for years. Location is brilliant, a block from the Pantheon, and they have a few tables in front for splendid people-watching if you don't mind a surcharge of 2.50 euros added per person (I was thrilled to get a chance to sit down).

Visited October 2013