“Best coffe in Rome”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Colonna
Reviewed August 16, 2013

we skipped hotel breakfast to taste this coffe. one of the best coffe ive ever tasted , and probebly the best in Rome, must try the coffe granita with cream!!(only 2.5 euro)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stopped here during a stroll. Had a quick espresso. It was excellent. Good service as well. Loved the interior.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place has decent coffee--almost everywhere in Italy has good coffee--but the attitude of the bartenders is so deplorable that I will not be back on one of my future trips to Rome. The cappuccino was not as good as other, equivalent coffee shops in Rome (Castroni being my favorite), and the espresso was forgettable (as in: I forgot I had it until my friends reminded me, and then I remembered that it was just eh). We have been to this coffee shop several times, and every time we've had pretty much the same experience with the rude bartenders. The first time we went, the granita guy stood behind the bar talking to one of his Italian clientele for about 5 minutes while we were waiting there politely with our receipt to get a granita. After glancing up at us and making it clear he saw us there, he then proceeded to clean the floor. Yet, for some reason we continued to patronize this joint. Subsequent trips did not find much friendlier or quicker service. As a note, if you get their much-lauded coffee granita, make sure to ask that the whipped cream be placed only on the top -- unless you like a 3:1 ratio of whipped cream:granita. Both times we got the coffee granita, the granita guy gave us cups that had so much whipped cream both on the bottom and on the top that you could barely taste the coffee flavor. I would have walked away thinking that this overly whipped creamed confection was the normal presentation until I saw other patrons (Roman businessmen and a family with 2 children) with only a little whipped cream on the top and three times the amount of granita! Ours pretty much tasted like coffee flavored whipped cream--too sickly sweet and not worth the expense. Since this place is very touristy, I can't decide if it is surprising or unsurprising that they treat people differently depending on their ability to speak Italian with a native accent.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We arrived in Rome on a Wednesday morning and it was HOT. Before we set out, jet-lagged, to explore the city, we stopped at the Tazza d'Oro. Normally we'd have a macchiato, but it was so hot we decided to try the granita di caffe. Think slightly sweetened espresso-flavored snow-cone topped with perfect whipped cream. Remember to pay at the register first and then bring the receipt to the counterman to get your coffee.

1  Thank jlle
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

do not exactly know who titled this place "coffee shop" and why...its an Italian Caffè ! you have to order and pay at the cashier and give your receipt to the guy behind the coffee bar ...do not be surprised when its very crowded in the morning...its where Romans have breakfast. ..coffee is great so are their sweet treats and the atmosphere is priceless