“Best cafe granita con panna I've ever tried”

La Casa del Caffe Tazza d Oro
Ranked #2 of 250 Coffee & Tea in Rome
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Colonna
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Yes, it's in one of Rome's main piazzas, near one of its most famed monuments - usually a no-go zone if you don't want to be ripped off by bad, over-priced food. Yet, it's authentic, delicious and cheap. A rare treat indeed.

1  Thank Laura A
Write a ReviewReviews (2,417)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Right next to our hotel, this little establishment apparently produces delicious coffee, roasting it's own blends. I was welcomed and served with a smile; my hot chocolate and slice of lemon / chocolate cake hit the spot. At €3.80 I felt it was very good value, unlike the rip-off restaurant 30 paces away that charged €11.20 for two bad americano's and a half bottle of still water the evening before!
Taza d'Oro is cosy, unpretentious, and welcoming. If you're looking for a delicious hot drink this is the place...

1  Thank Ecossekid
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Roma 3 nights but I visited this shop twice. Every time I drunk 2 coffees there. I love their coffee which really good smell. I bought a lot for my friends too.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

That heavenly smell when you enter a coffee-shop, holding a cup of hot coffee in your hands, the relaxing feeling while drinking your coffee... it's priceless. You get all this at the caffetteria Tazza d'Oro. In Italy the coffee is usually really cheap unless you sit down to have it. One cappuccino at Tazza d'Oro costs 1,10 € only and it's delicious. You can buy coffee beans and ground coffee there as well as different sweets and chocolate there. I wished I could take it all home with me and drown in chocolate and coffee. Yumm!
So after having visited the Pantheon, stop buy at Tazza d'Oro and treat yourself with a real Italian coffee and some choc.

1  Thank Pia M
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a lot of coffee from a lot of different cafe's in Rome but this place is definitely the best. Very authentic, true Italian coffee cafe. Pay for your drinks at the back counter, then head to the bar to tell them your order. Great place to stop for a few minutes and enjoy a great cup of coffee. Also in a very centralized location.

1  Thank Kat L