“Good & fun!!!”

Menlo Park, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good & fun!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was born in Rome but I haven't lived there in the last 16 years. It's a very funny place, with exactly what you should get in a roman 'fraschetta'. Have a walk in Villa Borghese and get down the stairs from the Pincio to Piazza del Popolo. Owners and waiters are noisy, as a roman must be, and very nice guys. Food is great and the place very interesting.

• Visited July 2012

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“TERRIBLE - STAY AWAY!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Like you, I take these reviews with a grain of salt and I went to Fraschetteria Brunetti thinking that the poor reviews were written by idiots. I am the idiot for not believing them. From the moment we got there and were seated outside on a angled table that could not support a wine glass without slipping, I wanted to leave. The sleazy "waiter" started proclaiming how this is a "real" Roman restaurant (necessary?) and TELLING us what we were going to eat: "I will bring you some appetizers, and then some pizza...." There are no menus (no stated prices - beware!), and instead this restaurant hard sells whatever unsold food they have in the kitchen. What I ordered was unavailable, so instead I got the gnocchi which was OK (tasted microwaved) and my wife's lasagna was "not as good as the last restaurant". Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Adymm E
Waynesville, NC
“Great little place and excellent value”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We are used to eating earlier than Romans do so our hotel sent us here because they will feed you all day (most restaurants close between 3 pm and 8 pm). The owner was delightful! He suggested a four course meal which we did. He sang for us while he cooked. The rest of the staff arrived and all spoke English very well (I saw a criticism of that and we definitely did not find that to be a problem). We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Was it the best meal I have ever had? Probably not. Was it the best for the money? Absolutely. We had 4 courses, 4 people, two bottles of wine, and it was 64 euros. The first course was a variety of breads, cheeses, spreads, meats and olives. All was very good. Then came two pastas. One was a meat filled cannelloni and the other was a breaded filled pasta sort of similar to gnocchi but larger. The last couse was meatballs and vegetables. All were really, really, good. Both the red and white wine were good too.

Visited July 2012
Rome, Italy
“AWFUL”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The food is absolutely disgusting, you can find so much better just around the corner. Everything is preheated, they don't cook there which is absolutely crazy! And if you're going because it's cheap let me tell you that food in Italy is cheap almost everywhere! The staff is also quite rude and the atmosphere is cheap and also quite tacky. They exagerate the fact that their from rome, trust me it's a complete tourist trap!

• Visited June 2012
CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Kitchen! They just serve reheated food.”
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

This is the worst tourist trap ever, with great ratings from all the dumb trapped tourists!

1 Thank ChillCalifornia