“Not as Bad as Expected”

Ristorante Panzirone
Ranked #10,476 of 13,326 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit
Reviewed May 16, 2013

It's a bit overpriced, yes ... BUT we DIDN'T get scammed on the bill (as other reviews led us to believe we would). The food was okay, but if you want a great pizza you need to head in the direction of the Piazza di Pasquino (300 yards South West). What ever you do, DON'T move to the pizzeria next door though, unless you enjoy being shouted at!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Good food, good location, service questionable for us, and overpriced! The House Lasagna which I had was disappointing, I thought it would be something special but it was almost like something out of a package from the supermarket. (15 eurose), a salad contadina, good (14 euros) a 4 cheese pizza which was tasty(14 euros), a beer for 8 euros and a 14% service charge! The meal we had we would pay just about half the amount in a restaurant NOT on the Piazza Navone.
I said our service was questionable as our server had several tables and the one next to us had a party of Russian tourists that were ordering a tremendous amount of food and drink, and granted he was busy, but granted 14% of their total would far exceed our paltry sum.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was in general good: excellent artichoke (but 10 euros a piece!), wonderful dessert (small bowl strawberries with lemon and sugar, 11 euros), beer, 8 euros (even for Piazza Navona!), Service rate (not TVA, something else they add up 14% of total bill!).
Service was good, food, good quality, but really, really overpriced, even for Piazza Navona. so my advice, take a good look at prices before you command, add 14% on top and watch out with the drinks and desserts, they ARE ridiculously expensive.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We ate here with our family late one night. Yes, the food is somewhat expensive, but such is life in a location like this. We tried the pasta dishes with white sauce and were not disappointed. Pretty sweet all in all.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife insisted we have lunch in Piazza Navona (it was the one thing she's wanted to do since her last trip to Rome) so we walked around and settled on this place, which within earshot of a gentleman playing his accordion at the end of the piazza, which sounded lovely.

Like all places on Piazza Navona, this was expensive (lucky to walk away with change from $100 euro for lunch for the two of us), but didn't mind as it was something my wife really wanted to do.

We were well attended by a gentleman who met our every request, always checked in and asked how the food was and if we were comfortable. I had the Ossobuco con piselli and my wife had the Pollo alla romana, both were great dishes and was worth the money.

I know my review differs from some of the previous, however my recommendation would be to go to Piazza Navona expecting to pay a higher price than say one or two streets back. You're paying to be seated facing a tourist area - we knew this and knew there'd be a price tag attached to it.

As for the average service others received, perhaps we received better service due to the small number of people dining there on that day?

Again, I'd recommend this place to those who expect to pay a little more and want a great spot for people watching. Service is always a roll of the dice any day at most places.