“high quality with good value”

Mamma Angela Trattoria
Ranked #509 of 12,856 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Description: Mamma Angela serves high quality Italian and Roman cuisine with an American twist. Excellent selection of Italian and regional wines and delicious daily specials. Mamma's prides itself on refreshing its menu every season, adding seasonal and premium ingredients local to the region.
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was in Italy for 9 days and decided to finish off with Mamma Angelas for my last night here. I've already done some research and this establishment was relatively close to my hotel. Walked in on a Saturday night around 8pm without any issue without an reservation. Wine list was fair price, ranging from $20-$50 euro, great prices! Their pasta was the highlight of the all, cooked to perfections and balanced taste. Would definitely recommend anyone looking for a value, delicous value meal near the Roma Termini.

1  Thank Tony L
David_Mamma_Angela, Manager at Mamma Angela Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for your review:) We have an excellent selection of regional Italian wines selected by the sommelier for you to choose from. Many of our wines are bought directly from the producer in order to offer excellent quality wines at a reasonable price!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,526)

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stopped in here after a very long day out and about as it was close to our hotel and recommended by the reception.

We had a lovely meal here - I started with a straciatella (egg drop soup) and followed with an extremely good pasta with sausage and pecorino. My partner settled for a bruschetta followed by a perfectly cooked chicken in white wine sauce. We were quite full after all this! Good value at around 40 euros for 2 courses and some drinks and the service was excellent and friendly. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Traitor101666

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience! Chicken is on our menu as 'Pollo del giorno con patate' Chicken dish of the day served with roasted potatoes. We have lots of tasty chicken dish recipes and we change them regularly. In Italy chicken is generally eaten with potatoes so we include them with this dish.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

This place is so good if you want to try the real roman cuisine ... When I was in Rome I had to go twice ... First I ordered a lasagna and the second time I ordered risotto and then ordered a ravioles... The atmosphere is so good and the service is the best. Constantino the waiter is so kind ... Next time in Rome I defenetly will be there in mammangela. Cheers!

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to read that you found our Lasagne to be the 'Best ever'

There are a few theories as to the origins of Lasagne. This one is my favourite

The word lasagne comes from the Greek λάσανα (lasana) or λάσανον (lasanon) meaning "trivet or stand for a pot", "chamber pot". The Romans borrowed the word as "lasanum", meaning "cooking pot" in Latin. The Italians used the word to refer to the dish in which lasagne is made. Later the name of the food took on the name of the serving dish.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My hubby and I were staying pretty close to this restaurant so the hotel recommended it. The place was nice, clean, simple, but romantic. Our waiter, Constantine, took care of us and helped us pick a good wine for our food. The food was good and simple, but don't expect to see many Italians here. Because the area is close to the termini station, they do get a lot of tourists coming into the restaurant, but the food is still good. Give it a try if you are close by and if not, you can get there pretty easily because it's close to the termini.

Thank you for your comments! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your experience and your meal. Costantino also sends his kind regards.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent one week in Rome, and I went to Mamma Angela´s six nights...!!! Great service, excellent food and reasonable prices.
Without any doubt if I visit the city again, this restaurante will be part of my trip.

Thank you very much for your review and for your custom:) We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant when you are next in Rome!