“The Perfect Tour to Experience Ancient Rome!”

Private Tours of Rome - Vatican, Sistine Chapel and Colosseum Tours
Book In Advance
$118.53*
and up
Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour Including Vatican, Sistine Chapel...
$58.67*
Skip-the-line Private Vatican and Sistine Chapel Tour
$34.72*
Corsini Palace and Gallery in Rome Private Skip-the-line Tour
Ranked #14 of 811 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private Tour of Rome offers personally guided day tours in and around Rome and excellent tour guides. They will tell you those fascinating facts that are not in the guidebooks and will lead you to some of the most famous sights in the world.Their fluent English-speaking guides offer tours of the highest quality which are not only informative but entertaining as well. Visit the Vatica, the Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel, the Pantheon and much more with Tours of Roma.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We only had 4 days to explore Rome and we thought the best way to see the most in a short time would be a private tour with someone who was knowledgeable and dependable. I emailed several tour companies from TripAdvisor reviews. Private Tour of Rome's cost was competitive and they were the fastest to answer questions in a clear way so we booked with them. We're sooo lucky we did!!! I live in California and was nervous about things going smoothly, but I didn't have to worry at all with this company! I emailed them with our available days, we discussed cost and they responded to all my emails and questions quickly. They also set up a private transfer for us because our hotel was far from the first stop. On the day of the tour, the driver was on time and our guide met us immediately. Her name is Vera and if you get a chance to do this tour, request her! She's absolutely fantastic! She was friendly, knowledgeable and answered all our questions throughout the day. She was funny too and made the experience enjoyable and memorable. My new husband and I loved the fact that we got to go at a casual pace so we could soak in everything and that our private tour was let in right away to all the museums and sites. We do recommend that you study what is at the Vatican too before going. This is a long day tour and you only have a few hours for the Vatican Museum and it's huge! So, write down your must-sees and they are happy to lead you there! Ultimately, we felt that this tour was worth the cost because it was well organized, we had the extra "behind the scenes" history lesson that we would have missed in a larger group, and we were able to see a lot of Rome within a short period of time. We highly recommend private tour of Rome and Vera!

1  Thank jenerin805

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and I booked a 2-day private tour of Rome and the Vatican. We combined walking and taxi cabs to reach our destinations. Francesca, our guide, was very knowledgeable and amiable and the tour was well organized. We enjoyed every minute of our visit and our time with Francesca.

2  Thank OrrChicago
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Lara was amazing and she was worth every penny. Without her we would of missed so much history and she made things feel alive with her wonderful knowledge and stories of the colosseum. She spoke perfect english and i was sad when the tour ended. This tour is really worth the money especially if like us you only have limited time to look around and there is so much to take in.

1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This company hands down provides the best service and outstanding guides. My review is just another to add to the exemplary list of reviews by others. We visited Rome in November and toured with Christiana for the Vatican and Francesca for the Colloseum and Forum. Both were simply stated the two best guides we have ever had. Christiana is an art historian and although this was my fourth time to the Vatican it was my first private tour--And how we learned and enjoyed. Francesca is an archeologist now no longer actively on this profession but her dissertation was on a excavation she led in the forum. Again a stupendous learning experience. Beside their comprehensive knowledge both are lovely people Next trip to Rome will definitely do another tour with this company. Lastly if you do price comparisons with the other tour providers in TripAdvisor this company is the most reasonable. So worth it!! Congrats for your service. We are grateful and so much more knowledgeable about Rome and its history

3  Thank PhillyTraveller1997
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Was recommended by a cousin, who did the Vatican tour. My initial email query was responded to straight away by Anna, and in about 2 hours, was able to book a following day tour to the Vatican. Francesca was our guide, and she spoke fluent English, and very accommodating. Nothing was rushed. Also obligingly took our family photos. To me, the insights she provided into the tour were what made it special. You get to appreciate what you're actually seeing.

As we were happy with the Vatican tour, we booked the Colloseum for the next day too, also with Francesca. Same thing. She was prompt. She also printed the online-booked tickets for us, as we didn't have access to a printer (you book the tickets separately from their service).

Her use of the ipad for the Vatican tour, and books/map for the colloseum was effective.

Many Thanks to Anna and Francesca - would definitely recommend them.

1  Thank GooglingGoob

Travelers who viewed Private Tours of Rome - Vatican, Sistine Chapel and Colosseum Tours also viewed

Been to Private Tours of Rome - Vatican, Sistine Chapel and Colosseum Tours? Share your experiences!