Casa Romana
$321
$303
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstermini stationevery morningb byogurtitalian coffeeplace to stayreal romangrazie millestayed here for nightscomfortable bedmini fridgeperfect baseown bathroomvisit romeexcellent locationfiumicino airportair conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This B&B is small but really cozy~~. Room is quite clean, althrough a bit small, but it is in Roma... very convenient location, about 5 mins to Train Terminal. And Fulvia, the owner, is so nice and helpful. When she knew i cannot eat pork, she prepared Turkey Ham to me immdiatedly, so sweet~ Also we had a great talk, her warmly guidenice really helped us to visit Roma. Anyway, strongly recommend. If you were aslo a budget control traveller, but looking for a high value B&B in Roma!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dan G
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is so far overdue, it is embarrassing - but after reading the recent reviews, it sounds like things are still the same...which is a good thing!
We stayed in 2011 and it was a great spot for what we needed. We stayed in other parts of Rome during our time there, but needed to be on a train early in the morning and this is right across the street. Besides this perk in location, I wasn't thrilled with the rest of the area, so that is why it is four stars. However, just a few steps away, things pick up and everything works out fine. There wasn't a time that I felt unsafe in the neighborhood.
We stayed in the larger of the 3 rooms and it was great - the bed was comfortable, the wifi worked, the bathroom was big and clean. Overall the decor is simple and stylish all at the same time.
Fulvia had a light breakfast for us each morning and she was really welcoming and friendly, making us feel like we were staying at a friends apartment.
I have recommended this place to many people - you can't beat the price for everything you get. The restaurants around the area weren't the best, but that could definitely have changed since then. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The place is small and cozy looks like a real Roman apartment. We stayed in a double room with an extra bed because there were 3 of us.We spend only 25 euros each. Even the extra bed was good! Fulvia, the person in charge is very accommodating and she gets to know the people staying there personally, i love talking to her during breakfast time, you can ask her anything. Breakfast has a lot of variety, bread with jams and butter, cereal and muesli, yoghurt,ham, juice, coffee and tea..you can make coffee and tea any time of the day and she puts fruits and cupcakes that you can get any time.

Summary: basically its just a typical hotel with clean rooms and bathrooms in each room (with hot showers and hair dryer) but the best part would be the care Fulvia gives to each of her guests. Plus getting to eat cupcakes and fruits any time of the day is a plus!Would surely be staying there again if i come back to Rome!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank KarlaNicolle
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and highly recommend this lovely B&B. Located about a 5 minute walk from Termini station which on first glance can look a little rough, the B&B is located behind security doors tucked away in a side street. We stayed in the double room which was modern, warm, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The highlight has to be Fulvia who is amazing, her knowledge of rome, kindness, generosity and help made the stay in rome all the more special. Her recommendations from gelati to restaurants were excellent. I was feeling poorly after some bad food in france and she offered to cook me some rice which was very kind. As she was previously a tour guide she has a selection of tour guides, maps and information at hand at the B&B. The breakfast every morning has excellent coffee, and is generous with toast, cereal, yoghurt and juices. We would definately pay a visit for a stay next time we are in rome. Thank you fulvia!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikeyfoo
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This review is long overdue as I stayed here September 2011. The B&B is practically across the street from Termini station, so very convenient to get around Rome. There are several restaurants in the area so you have choices for dining but the area as a whole is a little dirty and gave the impression of not being the safest neighbourhood. While I had no problems with the area during the daytime I did try to be cautious and not return to the B&B too late as I was travelling alone.

I had the single room which was a good size, very clean with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was a bit small but workable. My one complaint is the street below gets a little loud in the afternoons and early evening due to the restaurants next door so I had to close the window to enjoy some quiet time before going out.

While I did not see Fulvia very much, when I did see her she was friendly and hospitable, always asking what my plan for the day was and giving some suggestions to make the most of my stay in Rome. The one thing that really impressed was that I was terribly late arriving, getting lost after arriving at the bus station. Even though I was almost 2 hours late Fulvia was still at the B&B waiting for me to arrive and even though I know this was an inconvenience to her she took it all in stride and still greeted me in a warm and friendly way.

I am currently planning a second trip to the area and am planning to try and secure a room here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo