“WOW! Great Tours”

Danville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“WOW! Great Tours”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I joined Suzanne for a tour of the Vatican in Rome and wound up signing up for three more tours with her during my stay. I loved the passion, energy and humor with which she unfolded this ancient and enchanting city to me. I am certain that I will forever be charmed by Rome because of the enthusiasm with which Suzanne presented it to me.

4 Thank chuck32

Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lots of info, lots of fun”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We booked 2 tours with Suzanne on our recent trip to Rome. She gave us lots of great Roman history - I probably should have taken notes! She keeps the groups small to encourage questions and discussions. Very pleasant experience, thanks Suzanne!

Perth, Australia
“Greatsest Tour Guide on Two legs.”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Suzanne from Bella Roma Tours was the most gracious and well informed tour guide I experienced in Europe. She was so well informed on every subject of the two tours we took with her I would have no hesitation to recommend her to anybody who wishs to experience Rome.

NYC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bella Roma is the way to go”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

She's really smart, kind and funny. I've had strange tour guides in Egypt and Thailand. Suzanne's well-related, down-to-earth and really wants her clients to have a great experience.

South Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Knowing What You're Seeing Makes All the Difference!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My wife and I met up with some friends in Rome before driving to Tuscany. We only had two days in Rome, my wife had never been there, and we wanted to make the most of our time, so we booked Suzanne with Bella Roma Tours to take us through Vatican City, St. Peter's, and ancient Rome. Best travel decision we've ever made!!! Suzanne provided context for what we were seeing, what it meant, why it was important, who the players were, and even backstories on what the public is not allowed to see and why!!! Suzanne brought Rome to life!!!

This is no small thing. I'm a history buff, especially religious history, and I've been to Rome before. But, like all tourists, I run through the buildings, museums, artwork, etc. with precious little understanding of exactly what I'm seeing and where it fits into the larger historical, political, cultural, religious context. Suzanne provided all of this and really made what we saw meaningful and awe inspiring. She even took us into the belly of St. Clemente, where we walked back through time (literally, down through time) from a 12th century basilica built atop a 4th century basilica built atop a Mythraic shrine!!! This blew my mind and made the mystery of Rome deeper and more fantastic than all of my reading ever could.

Thank you, Suzanne!!! Why reduce Rome to a postcard? Understand what you're seeing. Once you do, you'll regret you never had someone like Suzanne escorting your every international adventure. Ciao!

1 Thank stgauche