“Knowing What You're Seeing Makes All the Difference!”
Review of Bella Roma Tours

Bella Roma Tours
Ranked #499 of 852 Tours in Rome
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My wife and I met up with some friends in Rome before driving to Tuscany. We only had two days in Rome, my wife had never been there, and we wanted to make the most of our time, so we booked Suzanne with Bella Roma Tours to take us through Vatican City, St. Peter's, and ancient Rome. Best travel decision we've ever made!!! Suzanne provided context for what we were seeing, what it meant, why it was important, who the players were, and even backstories on what the public is not allowed to see and why!!! Suzanne brought Rome to life!!!

This is no small thing. I'm a history buff, especially religious history, and I've been to Rome before. But, like all tourists, I run through the buildings, museums, artwork, etc. with precious little understanding of exactly what I'm seeing and where it fits into the larger historical, political, cultural, religious context. Suzanne provided all of this and really made what we saw meaningful and awe inspiring. She even took us into the belly of St. Clemente, where we walked back through time (literally, down through time) from a 12th century basilica built atop a 4th century basilica built atop a Mythraic shrine!!! This blew my mind and made the mystery of Rome deeper and more fantastic than all of my reading ever could.

Thank you, Suzanne!!! Why reduce Rome to a postcard? Understand what you're seeing. Once you do, you'll regret you never had someone like Suzanne escorting your every international adventure. Ciao!

1  Thank stgauche

Reviewed July 20, 2009

Suzanne ROCKS!!! You can go ahead and try to see Rome without a tour guide but I promise you it isn't the same. I can attest. This was my second time to Rome and my first time taking guided tours. They were two completely different trips. I went on 4 tours with Suzanne. Ancient Rome, Vatican, Museum Borghese, and the Belle Note Tour. Each one was different. Link up with Suzanne if you want to see Rome through the eyes of a Roman of the times. It was very special.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

We had just 3 days and it was our first time in Rome. We took Suzanne's tour on our 2nd day in the late afternoon; it was extremely hot and we were very tired before the tour; but it was so interesting and fun that we forgot the heat and the pain in our legs :) Suzanne was great; she made us discover ancient Rome and Vatican the next day. I can't imagine visiting Rome any other way; her enthusiasm and knowledge made all the difference. I would certainly recommend this attraction; it's worth it! Comfortable shoes and camera are recommended. Each one of our tours was a min of 3 hours.

Reviewed July 19, 2009

I was recommended to Bella Roma by a friend of mine, and I was skeptical because I was on a limited budget and I figured I could see the sites myself. But after I went on the first tour and was just fascinated by what Rome had in the way of history and Suzanne's tremendously entertaining way of unraveling the stories, scandals, and adventures of Ancient Rome through the Middle ages and all the way up to the present, I think there's no better way to spend your money in Rome. She freely gave us suggestions on where to: eat (authentic but not overpriced) have a coffee (whether you're looking for peaceful or busy or just the best dang thing you've ever tasted) stroll about at night (safe and interesting) or even other parts of Italy to visit. I ended up going on the Ancient Rome tour, the Galleria Borghese tour (the absolute best one in my opinion), the night walking tour, and the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel tour. All with Suzanne. I was hooked. Such a successful trip!

1  Thank bazevedo