“Best option for young couple”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aurelia 429

Aurelia 429
Ranked #73 of 1,089 Specialty Lodging in Rome
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best option for young couple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my first trip to Italy with my wife and we were lucky to find such a nice B&B close to the city and in our budget. Aurelia 429 B&B is managed by an exceptionally nice owener- Mauro and his son. They were really helpful in tinforming how to to get around the city in easy way. They went an extra mile assisting us for some printouts for a day excursions. There is a bus-stop just outside the B&B which takes you right to Vatican (49) and close to colosseum area (46). The metro station is 5-10 walk from the B&B.The room was clean and spacious. Breakfast is basic with nice cakes, biscuits and nice coffee. Thye do provide you freeze if you need to bring your things like fruits, Juices, etc. I would definitely stay at Aurelia if I come to Rome again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Barva, Heredia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Mauro and Julio have a spectacular place. Neat, tidy and easy to access. The room in which we stayed is # 1, super comfortable, it was cleaned everyday, the bed super comfortable, and even has a balcony, the kitchen is always neat and clean. The B & B is very close to the metro station, in addition to the front there is a bus stop, Route 49 Aurelia takes you to the center of Rome and back leaves you at 100 meters from the entrance to the B & B that more can be asked to life! Mauro and Julio were super-attentive during our stay, recommended places to eat and attended every one of our requests. Check out the day's late and we did provided if additional cost store our bags until the time we needed. We recommend and on our next visit to Rome to be staying there. WE LOVED THE PLACE

Room Tip: All rooms have A/C, security box and even TV
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Aurelia 429 is a B&B managed by an exceptionally nice man - Mauro. He was most helpful in telling us where to visit, where to eat and how to move around Rome. He even go the extra mile to give us a packet of biscuit served during breakfast when we told him is very nice! Thank You. There is a bus-stop just outside the B&B which takes you right to Vatican and downtown. We didn't take the subway though we were told it was quite near. The bus was just wonderful for us. The room are big and airy with a little balcony thrown in. Breakfast is basic but the coffee was exceptional. I would definitely stay at Aurelia if I come to Rome again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Minsk, Belarus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The B&B is rather nice.
It was my first time in Rome, so the staff gave me the map and explained the best routes to get to attractions, the owner was ready to answer to all my questions and was very responsive. I was going to check in after 20.30 and notified it beforehand, so the staff waited for me and it was not a problem. My room was always clean. It was not very big, but comfortable.The location is good and it takes you 5 minutes to get to the metro and about 1 minute to get to the bus stop. So I liked the B&B very much and if I come back to Rome I'll stay in this hotel one more time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

It was our second stay at Aurelia 420. And, you know, I suppose it was not the last one. Thanks to Mauro!

For future guests: It's not this way - 'dislike', but settle the question on cash/card payment before arriving in Italy. Cash-out may grieve you due to the currency rate.

Anyway, you can trust this hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. And do not forget - Ferro and Ghisa is in three minutes of walking (this is a must-visit restaurant!).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Northern Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This B&B is located in Via Aurelia, quite some distance from anything a tourist might be interested in. This could actually be a plus, as you will be staying in a "real" place where denizens of Rome live, work, shop, and eat -- thus getting some relief from the tourist-choked center. Two important aspects here are (1) the price, which is considerably lower that B&B establishments that are closer to the center; and (2) the proximity to the metro station on Line A, which will get you very quickly to the Vatican, Piazza del Popolo, the Spanish Steps, Stazione Termini, and so on (indeed, without this access I doubt that I will be recommending this place).

I stayed in a single room, which was rather spartan but clean, and the manager (owner?) was very friendly. One thing that was annoying was the extreme frugality with which the place is run. Use of the A/C is extra (this was not apparent during the booking process, where it is listed as standard), and breakfast items are on the cheap-side (milk was already sour, each guest is allowed one coffee capsule per day, etc.). Come on, spend another Euro or two on each guest and give the place a feel of "luxury"!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kloomnik
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Aurelia 429 B&B is a very nice lodging. I stayed here in June for my vacation with my mother, Ivana, and it's the best ! It's very close to a metro, and there's a bus stop right in front of the B&B. Furthermore, it's only about 10 minutes to Vatican city, so it's a very strategic spot.

The room is meticulously clean and comfortable, and the sun gets in in the morning. A very nice atmosphere. It's a self service coffe and bread breakfast, but everything is there, from jam to butter.

Mauro ( The owner ) and his son was a lot, I mean A LOT helpful. They would give you any directions when you need to go somewhere in the city, and they speak english fluently, so no trouble if you can's speak italian. ( I'm from Indonesia myself )

So, to conclude, it's a very nice B&B ! I would want to stay there again if I had the chance.

Room Tip: Bigger rooms are better :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends