“Horrible experience”

San Lorenzo Dream Relais
San Lorenzo Dream Relais
Ranked #3,113 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had booked a twin room with a private bathroom. When we got to the hotel the guy said there was a problem with the booking system and that the room was booked 3x so our room was not available anymore, we had to go to a double room and share the bathroom with 2 other rooms even though we paid more. On the website budgedplaces.com it said it was close to Termini but it was a long walk, also there is nothing around in the area like shops etc.
In the website it said breakfast included and we woke up early for that when we got to the reception we asked where the breakfast was he asked us if we wanted a coffee or capuccino so he brought us that and a croissant with nothing else. We are so disappointed we paid more than €50 for 1 night and it is so not worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jusoffiati

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I agreed with all the negative reviews which we have experience.They may be nice and friendly at the hotel counter. Just beware of the person in charge. We were unhappy with the way they handle things.First, when we check-in he ask for our passports.After finished he open up a drawer and just throw there which anyone can access to it.Second,breakfast serve is a cup of coffee or tea with a cold croissant.Third,we went during winter time the floor is so cold cos is ceramic. We have to tip-toes to the shower.Fourth,our room is on the 1st level beside the recept.Can be noisy cos you can hear people talking eg.check-in,check-out and those who need help or the cleaner early in the morning chatting.Lastly,when we check-out,we ask him have you deducted our credit cards payment for our stay cos we book through a website.He ask us back have we pay yet?How would we know.I ask can you check and he ask us to make payment in cash.But when we returned back and checked our credit card bills for that month, we found out that the hotel charged us the whole amount again from our credit card.I called him twice he told us will solve this issue and call me back but I waited for days never return our call. I called them again when i started telling them my issue he just hang up the phone.After that tried calling back few times but nobody pickup anymore.Is this the service they should provide? I strongly won't recommed or stay at this place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

A group of 4 of us shared 1 room with
1 double bed and 2 twin beds. The room was clean but beds very uncomfortable. Only provided us 1 toilet roll between 4 of us for one night which was unacceptable. Shower door was missing so water went everywhere. Hot water only lasted for
2 showers so other 2 had to have cold showers. Bathroom door did not have a lock on it. However they did supply us with plenty of towels. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am leaving another review after the positive one I left last year.
It was all nice and friendly in the hotel, we paid in cash during checkout, but only when I returned back home and checked my card bills for the month, I found out that the hotel charged as well the whole amount from the card which i used for booking.com to guarantee the reservation.
In fact the reservation at booking.com said: no prepayment/no deposit.
When checking out I had no clue they charged my card already, and of course they didn't mentioned it to me. So I ended up charged twice.

I sent an email to the hotel asking to cancel the transaction, later I contacted them again with my bank account number so they could return me money, but still nobody returned anything to me.

So be careful. Before paying at the checkout - make sure they haven't already charged your card.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank katiacha
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The hotel is very close to the train station which is ideal for getting from the airport to the hotel. It is around a 30min walk into the centre of Rome which we didnt mind as it was nice weather.
When we first checked into the hotel we were told there was a problem; we didnt have a room there and we were being taken to a hotel closer to the centre. The manager said he would give us 5euros for the taxi and we were to come back the next night to check back in where our room would be ready. He gave us the directions to our hotel for the night and we were sent on our way. It turned out in fact the manager had got the street name wrong and so the taxi cost us 15 euros (which we had to cover the cost of ourselves!) after a nice night in the hotel and a wonderful first day in Rome we went to check back into the hotel again, as we walked in the manager looked shocked and asked very bluntly where we had kept our cases all day, we had obviously left them at the other hotle as we didnt want to cart them round Rome all day! He seamed disgrunteld by this and asked us for our passports. When we asked for them back he said we would get them back when we paid up. Our passports were left in an open drawer in view of all to see (we didnt realsie this until we checked out!!!)
Our room was on the ground floor, very spacious and clean (the cleaners were lovely) if not a bit too clinical. The shower diidnt work but we told them and they very quickly fixed this for us. The noise from the bar next door was not bad at all, the windows didnt close properlly (we were a bit worried about security as our safe didnt work!) so it was noisy but not so we couldnt sleep.
Over all an ok hotel, it could have been better and i am sure we could have chosen somewhere for the same price that was more central and nicer (sure as the Parker hotel we were sent to in our first night, would stay there again) we wouldnt stay here again and would have complained more if Rome hadnt been so amazing and made the trip all worth it!!!

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I can strongly recommend this place. The owner is warm and helpful, the rooms are nice and clean. Is is situated near Rome Termini, with bus stop (3 min walk) and metro station (8 min walk). Comparing to other places at this price I consider it bargain.
There is a very nice trattoria round the corner.

Just one fault: you have to pay cash, even if you provided your credit card number.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We booked two rooms in this hotel through booking.com the rooms were booked in the same booking yet when we arrived they told us they didn't know whether the two rooms were meant to be together or were separate bookings so they didn't have 2 rooms together! The owner then tried to give us a room with a connecting room that was tiny and had no bathroom and said we could have that for the price we had originally booked for but if we wanted 2 proper rooms we would have to pay more as one of our children was 3 and a half and only kids under 3 were free. We didn't mind paying more but then he tried to charge us more than what was advertised on the website for an extra person! What annoyed me the most was that he kept insisting that we take the connecting room (a shoe box with no bathroom) we were 4 adults and 2 children. Anyway we were finally given 2 rooms on different floors and their rooms don't have phones and to get to the different floors you need different keys as they lock the corridors so unless u have your own phone or you can find someone to open the corridors you wont be able to contact the other room. Breakfast is just a cup of coffee and a croissant and don't expect a foyer/reception, and good luck finding the place when you first arrive. There is a restaurant next door and I showed them the name of the hotel and the waiter had no clue it was next door! The rooms are very noisy but on the positive the rooms are clean and have been refurbished which is probably the only nice thing I can say about the hotel. I wouldn't recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family