1. We booked 6 months in advance for September 2011 but in the room we were given, no window could be opened at night despite the heat, because of the INTENSE STINKING SEWAGE SMELL coming from outside the windows! No guest should be expected to pay 200 euros a night to sleep in a stinking room in 34C heat. We were not even provided with a glass or any drinking water !!
2. The air conditioner was just a fan - it had no coolant in it. Despite showing 16C the room did not cool down - and we had to have the fan on all night as the windows could not be opened because of the stinking sewage smell all night.
3. On the morning we were checking out, I pointed out to Miguel the problem in the room but there was no offer of recompense for being obliged to spend two nights in a stinking room. ( I had pointed this out to his mother-in-law who was looking after the B and B that weekend but of course she was not in a position to fix the problem).
4. No current maps or books on Rome were available to take away on walks - what there was, was 3-4 years old. This was just not good enough when compared with the advertised service.
5. Access? No indication had been sent on email about how to gain access. I had emailed our time of arrival well in advance. If not for the taxi driver who brought us to the door of the building and who rang the mobile of the owners (who were absent that weekend), we would have had to look for accommodation elsewhere yet we emailed the owners and told them of the date and time of our arrival - which may well have been a good thing. In 5 weeks of travel this was the most disappointing experience. I would not recommend anyone to stay there.
6. The mother (in-law) of the proprietors who was looking after the B & B that weekend was very pleasant and the terrace was lovely but that did not make up for having to spend two nights in a STINKING room for 200 euros a night. Thank heavens we had not booked for longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Episcopo Lipinksy B&B is located in via Margutta, between Piazza di Spagna and Piazza del Popolo, this is the best location. We own one of the most beautiful Penthouse of this area, we offer 3 charming suites equipped with all comforts and a common area where there is the breakfast room and a wondeful terrace full of green and flowers with a fantastic view over the city and delicious balconies. It's special also because my great grandfather Simund Lipinsky, famous artist, lived and had his acccademy here and you'll have the opportunity to look his works. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Episcopo Lipinsky B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.