“Waste of time and money”

Green Line Tours - Day Tours
Naples and Pompeii Day Trip from Rome
$126.98*
Assisi and Orvieto Day Trip from Rome
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews before booking this hop off and on bus tour around rome.
The tour girls have no idea about any of the stops and attractions. The map is scaled so much that you can't even find the stops and all the stops are not even close to the attractions.. I concur with all the other reviews - rubbish.
Moreover we went on the route twice as we wanted to stop at the Venezia piazza on the second run we saw that the tour girl wasn't even pressing play so there was no audio for most of the ride.. The bus also passes some ruins that the audio ignores.
You are better off using the subway. Cheaper and quicker and cooler.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family, friends and I did one tour with this company and this was the Florence day trip from Rome. The tour in general was average. It certainly was not the best tour we have been to in Italy. In the Florence day trip we visited the Accademia Gallery and the Duomo which were great. We walked the city a little which was okay and had lunch at a local restaurant. The food was the worst we have had in Italy. The tour guides weren't as pleasant or lively as those working under Dark Rome Tours. At some points in time, we thought to ourselves, that this tour was pointless. We spent a lot of money in this tour as compared to others operated by Dark Rome Tours. Despite this, we didn't really see much in nor experienced anything great. The best part of the tour was the journey to and from Florence which had spectacular views of the countryside.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Agree with everyone else here, don't waste your money (and if you do don't pay full freight as they will easily drop 6euro off the price - maybe more).
Headphones didn't work, bus was filthy, audio had no resemblance to where the bus was actually at, sat at stops for 15 minutes for no apparent reason. I could go on - but ensure you don't please.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Beware tourist trap! I am embarrassed to admit that I got on this damn thing. A 2 hour tour that could have been done in 45 minutes. Did not stop in any reasonable proximity to any main attractions. More time was spent stopped at the side of the road than actually travelling down it. The two little tarts (staff) knew absolutely nothing about customer service. While discussing Gino (last night's date) a group of people were trying to board the bus but they had to wait because this was a trematic event in there lives. Enough said.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went on the Vatican Tour. So we were told to be ready at our hotel (H10) at 6.30. Well to start things off well, the shuttle bus arrived late. We were then taken, along with others, to the Agency, where we had to wait almost an hour. I couldn't believe it! After been up since 5.30 and missing hotel breakfast we were not amused.
Anyhow, eventually we got onto the bus, which thank god was clean and air conditioned. Our tour guide was nice and enthusiastic and knew her stuff. The tour went well but I did feel we were rather rushed. I could have spend a good 40 mins-1hr in the Basilica di San Paolo but we only had 20 minutes in which time we had to go to the meeting point. After paying 61euros you want to have a good look around the Basilica at least.
Anyway once we had all met up there seemed to be a great chaos on deciding where to drop everyone off. She actually told us, that we had better get a taxi, even though our stuff was on the coach. It was all rather confusing and some people started disappearing and there didn't seem to be much control of who was staying and going; I do hope no-one got left behind.
The only advantage of the tour was skipping the enourmous queue to get it, I have never seen so many people waiting and thank god we didn't have to stand through that.
In conclusion, if you visit the Vatican, go on a tour but I would not recommend Green Line!