“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!”

Green Line Tours - Day Tours
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Tour
$80.00*
Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este Half-Day Trip from Rome
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were talk into this bus tour by the ticket guy, we were originally going to get tickets for the 'city sightseeing hop on hop off' company which we wish we did. We were told by the ticket man that this bus comes every 15 mins and the other company only goes every 20. However while we waited around 30mins for the bus to arrive 4 city sightseeing buses went past, the bus finally arrived and we were greated with the worst service, which I can understand as it was about 40 degrees inside the bus and no air conditioning. The bus looped around to the train station were no one could get on because there were no available seats, mean while we all sweltered inside the bus for 15 mins while the bus driver had a cigarette. At the next stop a customer tried to get on only to be told no seats available a argument then started with the ticket girl about how they had been waiting 1 hr for the bus. Needless to say when ee finally got off the bus at the vatican we made our own way back to our hotel. This was possibly the worst experience we have had on our trip in Europe.

1  Thank kellieb80
There are newer reviews for Green Line Tours - Day Tours

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I grabbed a tour for the Vatican through the lobby of the hotel, didn't check trip advisor, silly us. Picked up close to on time 7:15ish then proceeded to sit 45 minutes on the tour bus when we could have walked to their office in 10 minutes. Distracted driver who couldn't have cared less with an overpowering smell of incense on the bus. Paid at the office the off to the Vatican City. Outside the vatican green line said to keep your backpacks on the bus since they won't be admitted past security. Skipped the lines handed a set of headphones that cut in and out for the 1/4 of the tour that we managed to keep with the group. Into the Vatican at 9:20, sure skipped the line I guess but was on the bus & setup for over two hours. Finally into the city. Tour guide talked in a continual monotone voice with a heavy accent that seemed she couldn't care less if we understood her. The speed that she was moving through the museum made it seem like it was a race to get through. At the entrance of the Sistine chapel she stated to be outside in 20 minutes which was stated at 9:40. Note that means you went through the entire Vatican Museum in 20 minutes. At 10:00 outside the Sistine chapel tour guide was gone. Finished the rest of the Vatican on our own and grabbed a cab back to the hotel backpack still on the bus. Called from the front desk back to the tour company to get them to deliver my bag company stated "that is not included in the tour." The manger of the hotel gambrinus got on the phone an hour later backpack was returned to the room. Thank you Gambrinus! Epic fail green line tours!

1  Thank GlennTravel011
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was in Rome and my family and I wanted to hope in a tour (Hop on/ hop off) While walking to the Coliseum a person got close to us and he said to be working for this company, he said they are better than their competition and that they will even do more than the others do (and they do alright! ) He took us by surprise and we did (we did it I know - I should know better we had already used the RED buses in Florence and they were ok to be with, but I never listen to my inner person) So we took this one, service was BAD always taking for ever !!!!, The tour recording never passed the first 10 minutes because it keep on repeating themselves over and over and over. The BUS would stop in places and the attendants would go down to buy personal things and take for ever, I saw that happening several times. The Staff was not so nice, when asked questions they were not so nice to answer back. For that reason and some others I will never use this company ever again!

1  Thank Hugo S
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had very little time in Rome, so I opted to go with a group tour. I booked the tours at my hotel, the agency picked me up, and the ladies at the agency took care of my tickets.

The morning tour "Classic Rome" tour was excellent; the group size wasn't too bad. Our tour guide knew her stuff, but she was less than enthusiastic/ animated. CHOOSE A MORNING TOUR; I recommend you do your own thing in the afternoon.

I say this because I went on an afternoon tour (a different one) and there were just too many people. The poor tour guide was trying to keep track of 40 people and it was blisteringly hot.

Becquse the group was so large, they had JUST enough audio set to listen to our guide, and mine didn't work. I got another one, but that cut out from time to time as well.

I booked an evening tour, but I was too exhausted to go. So I have no feedback on evening tours; sorry! But zhen I called to let them know, they offered to change the day on it (sadly, that didn't work for me, but I believe they were trying to be helpful).

It seems expensive, but consider the fact that you're being driven to the sites and often back to your hotel plus the cost of entry. If you want a personal tour that's more intimate, you're going to have to shell out major bucks (or euros). Be prepared.

1  Thank MandaMcCoy

12th July 2013 /14:00 onwards

Toured Romes main attractions using the GLT Hoppa Bus service. All worked as planned and buses though busy never overcrowded, nor prolonged waiting times at any stops. Fulfilled a need on a hot humid day in Rome.

Only issues down...commentary units don't all work...major minus for most, but we just wanted to see and absorb the 'live' atmosphere of Rome so didn't care. Trevi Fountain not very well highlighted on the map.!!