“A good place to stay”
Review of Mecenate Rooms

Mecenate Rooms
Ranked #891 of 3,735 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was in Rome with my mum in April 2013. I've found this place on the internet. The location is fantastic, the Colosseum is just in few minutes walking distance. You can find nice restaurants, shops in the area. The rooms are tidy, the personal is nice and they are always there to help. I can recommend this place. Krisztina

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Getting a hotel in Rome can be really hard at certain times of the year, and always expensive. Having to spend a night in Rome, a friend suggested this place. Run by two extremely charming young girls who bought this ground floor apartment as an investment, and have done it up into 4 ensuite rooms, it is my best find in a long time. The rooms are spacious, with immensely high and gorgeously vaulted ceilings, decorated with quirky personal taste - not the usual IKEA matching lamps, but personally chosen 1950's vintage furniture. Spotlessly clean, and with wifi, coffee and tea making facilities they are a steal in and of themselves. Team that with the location, a 2-3 minute walk from the Colosseum, which you can even see from some of the windows, and this place is unbeatable. It will be my first choice every time I come to Rome in future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay - terrific central location - very close to Colosseum; restaurants and transport systems to all major attractions. We didn't need any taxis everything accessible by public transport. We felt very safe both in the B&B and the location.
Rooms clean, Marta and Camille were great really helpful - I didn't realise there was no reception as such and Marta bless her waited an hour for my daughter to arrive. Would definitely stay there again .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Usherxx
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Mecenate was my fourth B&B on my trip through Italy and I absolutely loved it. The ladies are wonderful and were so flexible with arrival time and responsive to all my emails. The room was spacious and clean and the B&B felt personal. You really do get the feeling of living in Italy. It's in a primal location away from all the noise. In front of you is a small park which you walk through to get to the Coliseum. You are instantly in walking distance to numerous restaurants and the Roman Forum. A year later I returned with my husband (boyfriend) at the time and he simply loved it. As another reviewer mentioned, you are on the first floor so there is no need to haul your luggage up stairs which not knowing on my first trip to Italy, became a big deal. I had stayed in numerous B&B and must say this one always stands out as being one of my favorites.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Giovenale Room. From the window you can see the upper half of the Coliseum. Beautifu...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank feyamor
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Terrific location, a short walk through a lovely park to the Coliseum. The neighborhood was safe feeling and only a few blocks to plenty of restaurants. Camilla and Marta were very helpful and the room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. Unlike a previous review we didn't find it noisy and the windows were fitted with shutters. A big plus was that it was on the ground floor, so no lugging cases up stairs. Hopefully we will be back one day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ozart
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Enjoyed staying in these rooms rather than in a hotel. They had everything we needed including wifi & tea & coffee making facilities. Location just a couple of minutes through the park to the magnificent Coliseum so we were able to walk back after dark and enjoy the floodlit view of this wonder. Many restaurants from 0 - 5 stars within 5 minutes walk. Marta was extremely helpful with any inquiries I made by email before arrival and I particularly recommend the airport transfer company they use. We were collected by a uniformed driver right on time from the front door and delivered to the correct terminal in a very short time and at a price barely 10 Euros more than if we had walked back to the Termini and caught the direct train.

Room Tip: Catch the local bus from Termini very cheaply to reach the rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaigeySouthAustralia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Let me first start out this review by stating Camilla and Marta (the inn keepers) were extremely helpful, gracious and wonderful hosts who helped us emensely throughout our stay.
But there were some issues...
The rooms are loud, especially the red painted room and the other one bedroom. It's not even that the street is extremely busy, it's that the windows are paper thin, and you can hear everything that happens in the lobby area as well. They could improve this by getting some better insulated windows and a more private and insulated entrance door to the rooms.
The rooms were well appointed but the bathrooms left little to be desired. The showers are hard to use, which wouldn't be a problem for me since I prefer baths. However I couldn't take a bath in our tub because it was very dirty. The shower curtain was disgustingly moldy. All they needed to do was a buy a new shower curtain and scrub the tub a bit better, easy fix. The rest of the room was very neat, clean and well furnished. They do not change your sheets every day however, which didn't really bother us.
The location is a bit off the beaten path.
I loved the breakfast in the cafe across the street. Cappuccino was delicious!
And again the hosts are very lovely.
All in all an average stay but if they fixed the noise issues and bathroom problems, it would be
very good.